PDA

View Full Version : Calling down AKo unimproved

jrobb83
10-04-2004, 04:02 AM
This table was awesome, 3 of the players involved in nearly every pot and lagging it up. MP was one of them, but had not seen him specifically get ridiculously out of line as the others had done.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG, MP calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, CO calls.

Flop: (7.40 SB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, MP calls.

Turn: (5.70 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.70 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.70 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 9.70 BB, between MP and Hero.</font>

J.R.
10-04-2004, 01:32 PM
JT got there, any pair beats you, and the turn stop and go is often a pair not wanting to give overcards a free look. If he wasn't ridiculously out of line I don't like the river call, and if you thought you were ahead on the turn why not raise and maybe get a fold or, more likely, charge him to draw (a paired flop is an LAG's paradise). I think you can fold to a turn 3-bet against an aggressive opponent who hasn't gotten too out of line, but don't mind the call the turn fold the river line either.

jrobb83
10-04-2004, 04:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the turn stop and go is often a pair not wanting to give overcards a free look.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was the key for me in this hand. I'm just getting used to the aggression in these 6-max games and what exactly different lines usually mean. I can see how this line would usually indicate at least a pair. If they were getting very aggro with a non-pair they probably would have 3-bet the flop or check-raised the turn.

If he just calls my flop raise easy turn bet assuming I have the best hand right?

Nate tha' Great
10-04-2004, 05:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
JT got there, any pair beats you, and the turn stop and go is often a pair not wanting to give overcards a free look. If he wasn't ridiculously out of line I don't like the river call, and if you thought you were ahead on the turn why not raise and maybe get a fold or, more likely, charge him to draw (a paired flop is an LAG's paradise). I think you can fold to a turn 3-bet against an aggressive opponent who hasn't gotten too out of line, but don't mind the call the turn fold the river line either.

[/ QUOTE ]

J.R. is smart. Listen to J.R. There are definitely times when you want to call down with AK (or worse!) against certain opponents but I'm not sure that this is one of them. The stop-n-go is almost never a semi-bluff.

-Nate