PDA

View Full Version : the NYT has the guts to print what CBS doesn't.

whiskeytown
10-04-2004, 01:01 AM
in all the hubris of what could have been forged documents released by Karl Rove to manufacture a false sympathy for Boy George, CBS decided to pull a Bill Bradley story on all the deception the Bushies had to pull to start their dirty war.

we're talking manufacturing evidence out of stuff they knew didn't exist - 60 min. pulled the story afraid they'd be accused of trying to be partisan - (apparently, pointing out the King has no clothes on is partisian now)

But not the New York Times....the journalists have covered the story -

(though in fairness, Salon.com covered it first - but the NYT is a true institution of journalism in print whereas I put Salon.com up there with foxnews in it's fair and balanced reporting..)

a 15 page mo-fo on their website - (you may need registration to read it, but it's worth it)

http://tinyurl.com/4os4w

RB

sameoldsht
10-04-2004, 03:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
forged documents released by Karl Rove to manufacture a false sympathy for Boy George

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a bridge for sale in Brooklyn - interested?

Daliman
10-04-2004, 04:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
forged documents released by Karl Rove to manufacture a false sympathy for Boy George

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a bridge for sale in Brooklyn - interested?

[/ QUOTE ]

During the Nixon era, Bush the Original had to censure Rove for performing his dirty tricks. Rove passed out flyers to homeless men that said free beer would be served at a rally for a local Democratic candidate. I don’t think the slap on the wrist had the desired effect because Rove only got worse from there, and Bush, Sr. hired Rove as a political consultant after issuing the reprimand. While working on a Republican campaign in Texas, Karl Rove planted a bug in his own office, and then blamed it on the Democrat he was running the campaign against. Rove made this announcement the day of the only debate that was to take place between the two candidates. By the time it was proved that Rove planted the device himself(the battery in the device proved to have been switched on less than an hour before it was "found"), the damage to the Democrat had been done.

Yep, rove would NEVER do something like this.

That said, I doubt he did in this case, as I have seen that the documents in question came from a staunch Democrat, but I suppose even THAT could be a plant. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

GWB
10-04-2004, 05:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
the NYT is a true institution of journalism in print

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, that has got to be the joke of the day. Thanks WT for making me laugh so hard.

whiskeytown
10-04-2004, 05:12 AM
yes....

I'm not saying every Republican is a goddamned bald faced liar who would sell his own mother's soul to win an election...

but I believe Karl Rove would.

RB

whiskeytown
10-04-2004, 05:15 AM
try not to piss your pants laughing...

yer gonna need something clean to wear on the busride back to Crawford, TX

RB

andyfox
10-04-2004, 12:14 PM
How would you know if you don't read the papers?

wacki
10-04-2004, 01:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How would you know if you don't read the papers?

[/ QUOTE ]

I read the NYT occasionally, it used to me one of my favorites, not anymore. I agree with GWB.

However, Thomas Friedman, who works for the NYT, is still one of my favorites.

Utah
10-04-2004, 01:38 PM
I am sure Condi told him /images/graemlins/smile.gif