PDA

View Full Version : How does this look?

akh911007
10-04-2004, 12:58 AM
I've just recently decided to start trying 2/4 a little, and I have to say it hasnt went so well. I know some of it is due to the cards going cold on me, but I am also seeing new situations that you dont get as much at 50c/1 or 1/2, and also dealing wityh opponents who do more than callcallcall. Here is a hand folded to me on the button. Any thoughts?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.25 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 12.25 BB, between Hero and BB.</font>

Fnord
10-04-2004, 01:27 AM
I just call the turn. Either the BB hit, is protecting a TPish hand from free cards or is an idiot.

gamblore99
10-04-2004, 04:57 AM
I think raising the turn is ok. It looks like he has an ace and was afraid of the flush and decided to make sure the turn wasnt a flush card before raising. Your kicker is strong and healthy and i take it better than his. it will play no matter what river card comes. i would raise it too.

nepenthe
10-04-2004, 05:02 AM
Call down the initial turn bet. Either that, or fold to the 3-bet.

bakku
10-04-2004, 07:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Your kicker is strong and healthy and i take it better than his. it will play no matter what river card comes. i would raise it too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not if a 5 or 7 comes off

bakku
10-04-2004, 07:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Call down the initial turn bet. Either that, or fold to the 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed

Stu Pidasso
10-04-2004, 07:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Turn: (4.25 BB) K (2 players)
BB bets, Hero raises, BB 3-bets, Hero calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't raise here because:
A) You might be beat.
b) He might stop bluffing and fold(or fold to your river bet instead of betting a busted flush draw).

Stu

akh911007
10-04-2004, 09:48 AM
Yeah, I guess I went overboard a little bit. My thoughts were that he bet into me on the flop because he had two cards in his hand. I thought on the turn he bet into me because he didnt believe I had the Ace and he had the king. I should have just called the turn because I really have trouble folding to the 3-bet. I think that's a leak I have. I have a hard time folding headsup. Well, it turned out pretty bad for me. I was right about one thing. He had a king, but it was a heart along with another heart, for a flopped nut flush. Thanks.