PDA

View Full Version : Another Th 4h hand

Billy Baroo
10-03-2004, 11:40 PM
Party 10/20 6max. 6 handed

UTG (loose/passive) calls, MP (loose/passive) calls, CO (first orbit, no read) calls, Button (maniac) raises, sb folds, I call in BB with T /images/graemlins/heart.gif 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, all call

Flop: 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, T /images/graemlins/club.gif

I check, UTG checks, MP bets, CO calls, Button calls, I fold

STLantny
10-03-2004, 11:44 PM
whyd you call?

JayKon
10-03-2004, 11:46 PM
Why call w/ T4s if your going to fold when you hit your hand?

Billy Baroo
10-04-2004, 11:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why call w/ T4s if your going to fold when you hit your hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm quite surprised people would question the pre-flop call. In my view this is automatic. I'm getting better than 9: 1 to call when I have an 8.1: 1 chance of hitting a flush draw.

Since you asked, the reason I folded is because I thought my implied odds were negative. There was quite a bit of debate about two weeks ago on a hand similar to this that Mike L played... and I was interested in hearing some response about my post-flop play.

steveyz
10-04-2004, 11:56 AM
Your position relative to the pf raiser is piss poor, fold this pre-flop. On the flop, I'd call to see the turn. You are getting 13.5:1 immediate odds. There's nothnig that says you have to call on the turn if it doesn't improve your hand and you feel you are still way behind. If calling on the flop means you are definitely seeing the river, then fold.

CanKid
10-04-2004, 12:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Your position relative to the pf raiser is piss poor, fold this pre-flop. On the flop, I'd call to see the turn. You are getting 13.5:1 immediate odds. There's nothnig that says you have to call on the turn if it doesn't improve your hand and you feel you are still way behind. If calling on the flop means you are definitely seeing the river, then fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree