PDA

View Full Version : To Poker Tracker Users......

zeero3
10-03-2004, 10:28 PM
Hey folks. I just got the PT software and am wondering, first of all, if it's worth registering. Has PT shown any significant aid to profits?

I have been looking through the general info tab and need a little bit of help figuring out what certain stats mean..
Any answers to these questions would help me out a lot.

VP$IP (a smaller/larger % would indicate tighter/looser PF??, respectively)
How does PT determine a blind steal?
BB/100 (is this statistic an indication of success/failure rate??)

Basically I'd like to know how 2+2'ers decode the numbers they see in certain statistics. Which do you focus on? Which are clear indications of fish? What statistic do you pride yourself in /images/graemlins/grin.gif?

One finaly question is about the game time table? What exactly is this? Can this table be loaded w/ players I am currently playing? Does this table play in real time w/ PP?

Thanks a lot!!!!

gergery
10-04-2004, 02:00 AM
search the 2+2 forum for posts by bisonbison (particularly one called 'notes on notes'), and by MS Sunshine.

also look thru pokertracker forums.

It's worth its weight in gold, and has paid for itself many times over.

AncientPC
10-04-2004, 02:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey folks. I just got the PT software and am wondering, first of all, if it's worth registering. Has PT shown any significant aid to profits?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's worth it.

[ QUOTE ]
VP$IP (a smaller/larger % would indicate tighter/looser PF??, respectively)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

[ QUOTE ]
How does PT determine a blind steal?

[/ QUOTE ]

When everyone folds to CO or button and they raise.

[ QUOTE ]
BB/100 (is this statistic an indication of success/failure rate??)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but you need at least X amount of hands.

[ QUOTE ]
Basically I'd like to know how 2+2'ers decode the numbers they see in certain statistics. Which do you focus on? Which are clear indications of fish? What statistic do you pride yourself in /images/graemlins/grin.gif?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ideal stats:
VP$IP = 18-22%
PFR% >= 5%
Total Aggro >= 2%
45% <= W$SD% <= 55%

Fish stats:
VP$IP >= 40%
Total Aggro <= 1%
W$SD% <= 45%

[ QUOTE ]
One finaly question is about the game time table? What exactly is this? Can this table be loaded w/ players I am currently playing? Does this table play in real time w/ PP?

[/ QUOTE ]

It loads all PT stats for the players at the table. Yes it can be loaded on the table you're currently playing. It does not play in real time, but it is updated everytime you import hands into PT and with Party HH stored locally it can be updated every minute.

[ QUOTE ]
also look thru pokertracker forums.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seeing as PT is intangible, that would mean it's worth nothing. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Relentless
10-04-2004, 02:32 AM
What does VP$IP, Total Aggro, and W$SD% mean?

Sephus
10-04-2004, 03:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

in case anyone was wondering, PT only weights .000000000000053 grams so this isn't saying much.

B1GF1SHY
10-04-2004, 04:07 AM
VP$IP - Voluntarily Put Money in Pot
Total Aggro - Total Aggression Factor (how aggressive you are)
W$SD% - Won Money At Showdown %

Relentless
10-04-2004, 04:16 AM
So what does it mean by voluntarily putting money in the pot, first to bet?

Sephus
10-04-2004, 05:08 AM
it means what % of hands to you put money into the pot that you didnt have to (so it doesnt count blinds).

B1GF1SHY
10-04-2004, 06:06 AM
There are seperate stats for things like that. PT can tell you what you do % wise on all streets. What % of the time you bet the flop, raise the flop, fold the turn, raise the river, etc. VP$IP is what % of the time you've put in your money voluntarily without being in the blinds. This can tell you how loose or tight you are pre-flop.

BigBaitsim (milo)
10-04-2004, 09:35 AM
If it did only half as much as it does, it would still be worth twice the price.

You look down in MP and see AJo. UTG+ raises and everyone folds to you. You check PT and see he has a V$IP of 45% and a PFR of 14, so rather than folding, you re-raise to isolate and UTG+1 calls, as does button. The flop comes AK2r. You know he might have AK, but a LAG like that would certainly cap with AQ or AK. He bets out, you raise, button folds, he three-bets and you cap. The button drops. Long story short, his A9o is no good and you've paid for PT.

Similar things have happened to me many times. Last night I'm holding AQo on the button and a raise comes from a guy who's V$IP is 12 and PFR is 2. I dumped it fast. The flop came A-high and his AKs was good.

In running through my own stats I saw that my biggest losers were JKo and JQo. I changed the way I play them and the numbers are now green. Ditto for all Axs, many of which were red and all but one are now green.

It really does so many things that I have only scratched the surface. Pay Pat his $55.

schwza
10-04-2004, 10:21 AM
is there a way to import party poker's hand history file directly into PT? i used to use PT but the hassle of requesting hand histories and having PT check my email for them was enough to make me stop. plus poker-edge is a pretty good replacement for some of what PT does.

AncientPC
10-04-2004, 12:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
is there a way to import party poker's hand history file directly into PT? i used to use PT but the hassle of requesting hand histories and having PT check my email for them was enough to make me stop. plus poker-edge is a pretty good replacement for some of what PT does.

[/ QUOTE ]

Short answer, yes.

Long answer (and how to), read this thread (http://www.pokertracker.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1440).