PDA

View Full Version : Check/call flop?

Sent
10-03-2004, 10:20 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Hero calls, BB folds.

River: (10.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB

Should I check call my weak flush and pair on the flop?

-Sent

lil'
10-03-2004, 10:25 PM
I'd bet. Nobody has shown any aggression, and you want to get money in the pot with a good draw. If you get multiple callers, so be it, you have a good draw. If someone raises you, that's fine too. You'll win this hand a good portion of the time.

It turned out the guy directly after you raised, knocking most everyone out, but you had no way of knowing that would happen.

JoeU
10-03-2004, 10:34 PM
I'm curious as to what you think of MP3. Is he tight, loose, crazy, solid????

Depending on your read on this opponent, he could have easily just hit his jack on the turn, rather than representing a flopped set or some other monster.

The river gives you a pretty strong hand. Did you ever consider raising the river?

Joe

Sent
10-03-2004, 10:54 PM
Early hand so I had no reads really. I figured my twp pair on the river wasnt that great so I opted to call

-Sent

JoeU
10-03-2004, 11:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Early hand so I had no reads really. I figured my twp pair on the river wasnt that great so I opted to call

[/ QUOTE ]

In that case, I would have played the hand the same way, especially on the flop. The hand is close, but I think betting was a much better choice than checking.

Joe