PDA

View Full Version : Lay down a set to a slowplay?

zepmetal
10-03-2004, 09:58 PM
Its blinds 2.5/5, 500 max buyin, full table, lots of weak stacks around 200. I'm in MP and am the second to limp with 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, LP raises to 20 and 3 of us call, 4 to the flop.

flop(~90): K /images/graemlins/heart.gif, 10 /images/graemlins/club.gif, 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
no action (suspicious)

Turn(~90):(K /images/graemlins/heart.gif, 10 /images/graemlins/club.gif, 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif)9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
BB bets out 10, EP calls, I raise to 50 and LP (PF-raiser) goes allin for ~190, BB callsm for 180, EP folds and its my decision. I hate laying down a set, especially on a rainbow board, but this ones tough. Maybe the answer is pay more attention when you play onlnine, but say youve got no good reads, its your first orbit, is htis an easy laydown?

blendedsuit
10-03-2004, 11:52 PM
You might have better luck zep posting this in the No limit forum. Thats a tough laydown, a higher set seems rather unlikely, so QJ, J8, 68. I'd go allin, putting the preflop raiser on TPTK or close to it AK, KQ,probably not KJ, K10, K9, 10 9.

Esoteric
10-04-2004, 03:16 AM
There are only two factors that would make me consider calling with your bottom set. First would be 3.5-1 odds on your money. Second is your observation of a weak table.

What are the chances the button will re-raise your weak $50 raise without a made monster hand (are they that complicated of a player)? Secondly, is it possible for the bind who bet $10 initially to be so bad that they would call the all-in with less than 99, TT, or QJ when you are still sitting behind ready to act?

Anyhow, looks like an easy fold to me (-EV). That being said, if your evaluation of the table is crazy and/or complicated players you might reconsider just because it is a catastrophe to give away the $500 pot when you've made your hand.