PDA

View Full Version : Day 1 Mesquite NV

Eder
10-03-2004, 09:55 PM
Stayed at Virgin River last nite. Poker room only 2 tables, both spreading 4-8. Took about an hour to get a seat. Poker area is comfortable and and smoke free. Normal hand see 5-7 to see the flop, very loose, very passive.
I play pretty tight and after about 20 hands I see AA in the hole while in the Small blind. 5 limpers to me ,I raise,4 of them call. Flop is 5,7,8 rainbow,I bet out...3 callers...I'm thinking I'm ahead here still and a 10 shows on the turn. Not sure what everyone called me with so I bet out again...only 1 caller...I'm thinking he's either 2 pair and scared by the board or who knows????River brings the 9 so I check...opponent bets out and I call...he shows AQo....wtf???

After raising cowboys in EP (about 15 hands later) I got 6 callers??? Flop is QQx...I stayed cheap to the showdown and got shown Q2...

Another hand that was fun was holding K4o in the BB. 6 callers to see the flop which comes 4,4,5. I bet out , 4 callers?? Turn is a blank...I bet...1 caller. River is another 5, and I'm thinking I'm screwed but bet out anyway.Opponent raises...I call...he shows me AA...????

Anyway the game was quite soft...the drinks came quickly and I stayed much too long and gave most of my profits back (amazing that after 10 beers kicker requirements drop rapidly lol). Players and dealers where all a lot of fun, and sober players should easily crush this game.

Anyway I made it to Vegas and hope to crawl from the Venetian over to the Mirage a little later if wifey goes to sleep for more drunken poker. /images/graemlins/grin.gif