PDA

View Full Version : According to bisonbison, I'm a Taz =(

EliteNinja
10-03-2004, 08:59 PM
I'm LA-A =(
Just got PT.

I'm on a tear at 11.46BB/100 hands
But my VP$IP is crazily high at 31%
Is it because I had a streak of good cards, or because I am a LAGgy fish? I did play a whole bunch of shorthanded to clear some bonuses in this time. Is that a big factor?

I can probably answer my own questions:
- 2500 hands is a small sample size, so a run like this can happen.
- 11BB/100hands is unreasonable in the long-term, expect about 3BB/100hands or so if you're good
- I should probably re-review pre-flop strategies from HEPFAP and SSHE to tighten up PF
- playing shorthanded will increase your VP$IP (by how much?)
- post some hands and get them reviewed on the forum

KingMarc
10-03-2004, 10:13 PM
Your vp$ip for shorthanded will be significantly higher, but I don't know how much. Go to pt options, and see your results without the 6 max for a better idea of your vp$ip for 10 handed. Mixing 6 handed and 10 handed will give you a meaningless vip$ip.

Cerril
10-03-2004, 11:08 PM
Seconded. There's a thread in the shorthanded forum dealing with adapting bison's recs to shorthanded play. Definitely though trying to merge the two is going to give you some meaningless stats.

EliteNinja
10-04-2004, 02:51 AM
So I guess I should stick to full-tables for statistics sake, eh?

sammy_g
10-04-2004, 02:26 PM
31% seems a little high even for the 6 max games. This is what I was told Saturday when I made a similar post in the shorthanded forum. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I was also blasted for not having a large enough sample size. I think this is wrong though as long as you aren't judging win rates. VP$IP should much more quickly converge with its true value than BB/100.

sammy_g
10-04-2004, 02:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So I guess I should stick to full-tables for statistics sake, eh?

[/ QUOTE ]
It's useful to look at the 6 max stats as well. I recommend just filtering by limit. Even if you only play full games, your stats for 5/10, say, should be different than .5/1 since the games play so differently.

EliteNinja
10-04-2004, 03:22 PM
Yup, I consciously know now that I have PT that this is unacceptibly high and will do my best to hone my preflop strategy.

And yes, even for shorthanded 31% is way on the high side. Just gotta tune my brain to play tighter PF. No excuses.