PDA

View Full Version : Defending against the Limp re-raise

I Play 2 Ski
10-03-2004, 08:24 PM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif. CO posts a blind of $5.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO (poster) calls, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, Button calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (18.40 SB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, Button folds, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (11.20 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, CO folds, UTG calls.

River: (14.20 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds.

Final Pot: 17.20 BB

The limp re-raise screams AA or KK, but I just got here and I have no read on this guy. I flop top pair, but I may still be beat, i hope to check it down. River is glorius.

Should I have been more agressive even in the face of the limp re-raise?

Rubeskies
10-03-2004, 08:42 PM
I would raise the flop. You have a great chance to narrow the field and see what you are up against. It seems that the fishies have a love of limpre-raising. I would not assume AA or KK or even anything better than Kx s when you are limp raised.

PassiveCaller
10-03-2004, 08:50 PM
Limp reraise seems to mean a lot more then aces in a lot of these cases. I've seen everything from KX suited to 45 suited from these odd partypoker players.

Thinning the field on the flop here is still a good idea and reraising UTG+1 could give you a better idea of where you stand. Slow down if need be after the flop.

River is self explainatory.