PDA

View Full Version : NL Trash in BB w/passive players

11-09-2001, 12:51 AM
Let me first appologize for populating this forum with more LL NL UB questions, I know the people who will give a good answer to this have probably bet more on one hand then I make in a month.

Ok, blinds .10/.25, average stack ~20, I have 25. Players are VERY passive.

I am dealt Q3o in the BB. 3 players limp. SB calls, I check.

Flop = Q 7 4 rainbow. Now what do I do?

I'm not really liking the idea of betting into 4 players here. It's not like I'm sure I will get raised if I am beat. If I bet the pot people will call with any decent 7 up to KQ. Then I am screwed on the turn. I decide to check. If an early player bets, I plan on folding, and if the button bets and SB folds, I plan on raising.

I thought it was a plan. But then...the player in front of me bet .25. button, and SB call. Now what do I do? I don't want to put more chips in the pot, if I make a somewhat reasonable raise, one of these people is just bound to call, and I basically have garbage.

I call. Turn is blank. I check again, same guy bets .25, same people call. It seems silly to fold top pair when no one has shown any strength and I am getting over 10:1. I call again.

River is an Ace. Now I am dead, I am sure of it. These people would and probably had odds to call with any decent ace or a hand like ace/bottom pair. SB checks, I check, the guy who has been betting checks and the button bets. A quarter. SB folds! Now I am really confused.

Honestly I don't remember what the results were, I just remember being confused. I figure I screwed up somehow, but what should I have done?

Thanks

-g-

11-09-2001, 03:25 AM
Do you really want to put in alot of money with Q3? When i play pl i'm in their doubling through when i play a hand. I dont try to do anything with Q3. Give it up wait for your monsters. SK

11-09-2001, 07:33 AM
May as well call for 25c, i have won some good pots calling with top pair weak kicker, against a passive player who underbets badly. I hit my kicker and raise the pot, often they will call with middle pair. It costs only 25c to take a shot, and maybe you can take $10-15 off them if you get lucky.

11-10-2001, 07:33 AM
I would lead on the flop and make a 3/4 to pot sized bet and then

play accordingly. Hopefully you can take it down on the flop and if you are called I would probably check it down and fold

if I am bet into. I think in general your results will be better

if you are the one initiating the action rather than check calling.

Bruce