PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Nl hand

11-08-2001, 05:57 PM
On the button with 4c5c, several limpers cutoff seat makes a small raise. 6 players see the flop of 3h4d5d. Checked to preflop raiser who bets just less than the pot.

What should i do? I'm sure i have the raiser beat now, but there are many people who could well have checked a 67 or a set, and my relative position is very poor.

11-08-2001, 06:22 PM
How big is your stack and how big are the stacks of the other players?

11-08-2001, 07:21 PM
In my opinion a rainbow flop of K-4-5 would be much better for your hand.

11-08-2001, 08:48 PM
I have approximately 5 x the pot in my stack, and the preflop bettor is the only player in the hand that has my covered.

Anyway he bet the pot, i raised the same amount to discourage the smaller stacks from draing at a straight, got called allin by a 67 who had flopped it, and then set allin by the raiser who had AdKd and river the flush.

The results aren't good and i only had 4 outs to fill up, but is my thinking correct?

11-08-2001, 09:11 PM
If you are going to call a huge raise on this hand you need to bet much much more on the flop. What is the point of not raising more if you are not going to lay it down? If you are gonna gamble with this hand just make a huge bet and see who is going to play with you. Personally I would not commit all my chips in this situation.

KJS

11-08-2001, 10:57 PM
Yup, nice comment KJS. Bet or die is the key in this situation.

11-11-2001, 12:32 PM
Seems like that when you hit with 4-5 in pot/no limit, you either win the pot right there, or you are faced with a very tough decision. When your hand hits, except for the nuts (A,2,3 rainbow), its always very dominateable. You better be able to read and lay down a monster when playing cards like that IMHO.