PDA

View Full Version : Compare Empire/Party 3/6-10 Person to Empire/Party 5/10-10 Person

RED_RAIN
10-03-2004, 07:14 PM
As I'm trying to get up to 15/30.

I am finding that I can beat the 3/6 pretty well. I am starting 3 tabling 3/6 and throwing in one table of 5/10.

I am wondering for those that have played a lot at 3/6 and 5/10 if you could give me some pointers.

Things I am interested in other than what you can tell me are:
- 2/5 Blind structure (how should I treat this SB)
- Aggression level of the 5/10 players compared to 2/4, 3/6
- Loose/Tight of players preflop
- Are they are more aggressive to 3 bet preflop with weaker hands (seems in my small couple hundred of hands that many raises are 3 bet)
- I made a reference to how 5/10 might play like the 1/2 how it's pretty tight preflop, but the people in have weird hands like K7o, Q4o, etc
- Is this is a good spot to move to or should I stay with like 3 tables of 3/6 and 1 table of 5/10 or 2 tables of 3/6 and 2 tables of 5/10

Thanks!

sprmario
10-04-2004, 10:54 AM
My bankroll is approaching 300 BB for 5/10 and was curious about this as well. I played my first session of 5/10 last night and won. It seemed very similar to 3/6 but it was only one session. I haven't played much short handed and am not too keen on trying the 6 max tables. I think I'd need at least 400 BB to be comfortable playing there... dunno. basically bumping /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

AdamL
10-04-2004, 11:04 AM
From my fairly limited experience at 5/10:

It can be a lot tighter. I see preflop folds all the way to the BB MUCH more often at 5/10 than at 3/6.

You also aren't simply guaranteed a call when you raise preflop. It can easily get folded to your raise and you win the blinds.

Players can be a bit trickier, although sometimes stupidly so.

Your flop bets after preflop raises on raggedy boards aren't nearly as likely to be called by good players.

I have noticed normally about 6-7 tight players, some passive and some aggressive, and then a few very loose players. You'll know who they are, they play 80% of their preflop hands. Keep an eye out for that.

But again, my experience is pretty limited. I pretty much only play there when I see a table with some fish on it.

sfer
10-04-2004, 11:16 AM
I've dipped into about 1K hands of 5/10 full and it's generally more aggressive, more shorthanded postflop, and tricker postflop. You'll get value bet more and people will adjust to your aggression better. At the same time, if you can identify bad players and follow them, it can be pretty good, too. I've got a couple of new buddies and I try to sit with them or play tables that look abnormally soft, which is usually late at night.

daveymck
10-04-2004, 11:19 AM
I have noticed all these things you mentioned, there do seem to be a lot of players still playing 50-70% of hands, some of these are actually big winning players in my database so I suspect some of these are good players post flop.

I have found that the jackpot tables are better than the normal tables (and quickler to get on).

poker blog http://daveymck.blogspot.com/