PDA

View Full Version : AL MVP?

Dominic
10-03-2004, 06:25 PM

3for3
10-03-2004, 07:24 PM
My real choice isn't there. I'd take Santana.

Danny

Nate tha' Great
10-03-2004, 07:29 PM
Yeah, this poll sucks. Santana needs to be there. So does Ichiro.

I will cede my entire Empire bankroll to Paul Phillips if David Ortiz wins the AL MVP.

ThaSaltCracka
10-03-2004, 11:12 PM
I picked Vlad because he is the only real pick on that list.

GuyOnTilt
10-03-2004, 11:25 PM
http://www.hardballtimes.com/main/article/pick-a-card-any-card/

Best article on AL MVP I've read in the last month.

GoT

andyfox
10-04-2004, 12:19 AM
I'll be very surprised if Vlad doesn't win it. He's got the most impressive triple crown numbers.

BTW, which Yankee do you think led the team in extra base hits? A-Rod? Sheffield? Matsui? No, it was Jeter. I guess that's testimony to the exceptional year he had after the horrible start, and also witness to the rather disappointing year A-Rod had.

nolanfan34
10-04-2004, 12:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, this poll sucks. Santana needs to be there. So does Ichiro.

I will cede my entire Empire bankroll to Paul Phillips if David Ortiz wins the AL MVP.

[/ QUOTE ]

And where is Chone Figgins?

And the poll is fine, Vlad is on there. I like Santana, but he'll have a hard enough time even winning the Cy Young, let alone MVP knowing the baseball writers.

Heck, on the Twins the real MVP is whoever between Terry Ryan and Ron Gardenhire decided to finally put Justin Morneau in the lineup everyday.

daryn
10-04-2004, 12:23 AM
ichiro? give me a break. most valuable player my ass.

your winner, manny ramirez.

ThaSaltCracka
10-04-2004, 12:29 AM
Daryn, you are way off with the Manny vote. Please, before you start talking about the AL MVP award take Manny's cock and balls out of your mouth before speaking.

Vlad is the clear favorite, especially since the Angels won the west.

nothumb
10-04-2004, 12:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Please, before you start talking about the AL MVP award take Manny's cock and balls out of your mouth before speaking.

[/ QUOTE ]

Before you start being redundant please stop sucking my ass and being redundant. /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

The best argument against Manny being the MVP is that he's got Ortiz, Millar, Damon and all those guys hitting all around him. Vlad's got some help but not that kind of help.

Still, Manny has been awesome in the clutch this year and his defense has been getting better the last month or so. I'm definitely glad he's on my team...

NT

ThaSaltCracka
10-04-2004, 01:16 AM
sure, Manny has been very good, but is he even the MVP for Boston?

nolanfan34
10-04-2004, 01:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
sure, Manny has been very good, but is he even the MVP for Boston?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why I think it's Vlad. You can at least ask that question about Manny (although I think he's their MVP). But with Vlad, that team had so many injuries this year, there's no way they even sniff the playoffs without him.

I'm always torn about the MVP debate. Part of me believes that your team needs to be in the playoff hunt at least, otherwise what's the point of being valuable? I think it takes an exceptional season to win it on a weak team.

Anyway, I think Manny will finish second, and deservedly so. If he wins it somehow it won't be the end of the world.

Now if Santana loses to Schilling....

B00T
10-04-2004, 11:20 AM
To use an overused 2+2 line..

Vlad AND ITS NOT EVEN CLOSE!

andyfox
10-05-2004, 12:42 PM
A good site with 2004 Win Shares info.:

http://www.baseballgraphs.com/winshares/

GuyOnTilt
10-05-2004, 12:43 PM
Copycat. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif