PDA

View Full Version : Pot Limit On Line

11-06-2001, 03:55 PM
Last night for the first time I was playing Pot Limit On Line. CCCPoker was discussed in a recent Poker Digest and I decided to take a stab at it. I was playing 1 and 2 blinds with $100 buy in when the following hand came up. We were playing with a full table.

I was on the button with AA. There was a small raise leading into me with four players having committed to the pot. I reraised the pot and got things down to three of us. I began the hand with $168 in front of me and when the flop came I had $130 of memory serves me.

The flop came 2 5 7. There was a pot size bet into me and raised the pot. I got called all in by one player and the other player who made the initial bet called. The turn was a T and the river was an 8. The player who bet the pot on the flop had QQ and I took down a $460 pot with AA unimproved.

I dont play a lot of pot limit...wish I got to play it more often. I have two questions from the play of this hand. First, was I correct in raising the pot preflop and on the flop? Second, with the strength that I showed preflop, should the player with QQ been willing to bet the pot on the flop? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

IowaMatt

11-06-2001, 07:18 PM
You had a great situation. It's the guy with QQ that has a trickier situation. You did things correctly. The only thing that would have been dangerous is if your opponent held TT. I held TT today at Ultimate and took a huge pot of someone who had AA when I got trips and he didn't. But it sounds like you played aggressively and got maximum profit on that one. Your opponent couldn't be certain what you had but should have suspected you held a high pair to bet the pot twice like that. It's hard to fold QQ in that situation though. Very tough call for him/her.

11-07-2001, 02:00 PM
Matt, are you from Iowa? If you are maybe we could get a home game going?

Brent

11-09-2001, 07:11 PM
Also stuck here in Des Moines with no home game, any ideas?

Thanks

11-15-2001, 01:28 PM
Chad, how far are you from the Quad Cities? I know a guy who comes to my place from there. You could meet him there. What games and stakes do you play? Email me at sheckler@hotmail.com