PDA

View Full Version : Two Pot Limit hands

11-06-2001, 12:01 AM
Ultimate bet 50c/$1 potlimit game. Newcomer to pot limit but i have played a reasonable amount of nolimit. Attracted to the bigger pots that seem to get going in pot limit.

Hand 1. I have a relatively short stack. I have AcKc on the button and 4 limpers come in. I raise the maximum, the small blind and 2 limpers call. Flop JcTs2c, giving me 12 outs to the nuts with any club or Q. Checked to me i bet the maximum, small blind raises $10, and i push allin for $6 more.

I buy a club on the river and beat his trip 2s.

Did i play this correctly? Should i have bet the maximum preflop? What about on the flop?

Hand 2. Just had trips beat up so i have only about $35 left. KsKc under the gun. I call as lots of pots have been raised recently, particularly from late position. 3 players limp after me, then the button raises $1, the small blind drops, and i reraise the maximum. I get 1 caller (not the original raiser). The flop comes Ah4d7h. I am not happy with the Ace, but there is no reason to suspect the caller has an Ace, instead of 2 small connectors or an underpair. A pot size bet puts me allin, so i decide to move all my chips in now. He has AdJd and wins the pot.

Should i have raised right away under the gun? I liked my limp reraise which did everything i wanted it to until the Ace came. When the Ace comes what should i do? Is moving in the right play? If i check, should i call if he bets?

11-07-2001, 08:35 AM
Since nobody has offered opinions to the contrary, i will assume that i played these hands correctly.

11-07-2001, 10:10 AM
> Since nobody has offered opinions to the contrary,

> i will assume that i played these hands correctly.

OK, I'll bite ...

Hand 2: I like your preflop play. On the flop, if I counted right (and assuming the BB called the 1st raise), there are $28 in the pot and you have $24 left.

Your raise won't get a weak ace to fold (otherwise he wouldn't play it in the first place) but will make him drop some hands he might bluff or semi-bluff with. By betting out, you assure that you are called only if beaten. Even if he is on a flush draw, he is getting correct odds to chase (and would probably semi bluff it anyway if you check). So if you are determined to play your kings to the end, then check-calling (and going in on turn) might be a better option, although check-folding here is probably not much of an error if your opponent wouldn't automatically bet any hand if checked to.

cu

Ignatius

11-07-2001, 06:01 PM
I like your play on the flop, about half the time. The other half I'd probably check-fold. Depends on the oppenant. However with a larger stack in this spot I might try betting around $8-10 on the flop. If he plays back at me I can dump and save my stack. If he calls more than likely I'm beat, so a check-fold is in order on the turn. I like to hear how target and /or natedogg would play it.

11-07-2001, 10:33 PM
#1. some say AK suited is such a big hand that you do not wany to run off all the players. some say it is just a very good drawing hand. either way it may be best to NOT bet max before flop

#2. all is well till after flop, then show respect for the ace and make only a good sized feeler bet.