PDA

View Full Version : party - no annoying yellow-refer thing in corner anymore

MicroBob
10-03-2004, 04:54 PM
I hadn't been playing at party lately but am back there now clearin away my 2 bonuses. I just noticed that they don't have those stupid yellow refer-a-friend links in the upper-left corner like they used to.

I also remember making it a brief little pet-project of mine a couple months back and sending them an e-mail about how annoying they were. I also posted about it here and I think 2 or 3 other zoo-ers followed suit.

could it be that party actually listened to their customers and got rid of these due to the complaints??

as i said, i hadn't been playing at party lately so it's very possible they got rid of these things a long time ago and i didn't know about it.

AncientPC
10-03-2004, 05:14 PM
I've never noticed this before, I've only noticed the first deposit bonus codes on the play money tables at the top left.

El Barto
10-03-2004, 05:18 PM
Now if they could just get rid of the little "you are wanted at another table" reminders at the bottom right.

Sometimes these reminders get stuck and just stay there until you leave the table.

If I sit in the bottom right seat, sometimes I can't see what my cash balance is.

MicroBob
10-03-2004, 05:19 PM
they had them on the real-money tables a couple months ago....and, in typical zoo-fashion, everyone was bitching about it.

MicroBob
10-03-2004, 05:24 PM
yup. i've got this on 3 of my 4 party tables right now.

on one of them i can't see my own name. on the other two it's just below the acct-balance of my opponents.

as i recall, the refer-friend thing could cover up the upper-left player's name or balance....and perhaps made it interesting trying to read your own cards if you had that seat.

for me, it was especially annoying because i have a little bit of overlap when playing so i would frequently accidentally hit the refer-friend link on the bottom-right table when i was trying to raise on the upper-left table....so i would sometimes get their stupid link to pop-up.

AncientPC
10-03-2004, 05:41 PM
Can you post a screenshot of this refer a friend message?

I have never seen anything of the sort that I can remember:
http://temp.ancientpc.net/22/party_window.gif