PDA

View Full Version : HU Traps Gone Wrong

MrFeelNothin
10-03-2004, 03:59 PM
The first one I think I played very well, the second one I seriously erred on at least two streets. Here goes:

Party 50/5, 9 players left, 15/30, relevant stacks:
Hero(990)
Button(1080)

2 folds, Hero(K /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif) raises(90), 3 folds, Button calls(90), 2 folds.

Flop: 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Hero bets(75), Button calls(75)
Im pretty sure this flop completely missed my lone opponent, I want it to look like I have AK and missed as well.

Turn: 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Hero checks, Button is all-in(915), Hero calls.
I checked to feign weakness and was planning on checkraising all-in, I was very happy when he moved in as I was sure I was ahead.

River: A /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Button shows A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif,two pairs aces and fours, Button wins 2025 chips
Not a bad beat story, I was happy the way I got my money in, but I could have played it faster and won a small pot, should I have?

Party 30/3, 9 left, 15/30, relevant stacks:
Hero(730)
BB(1635)

5 folds, Hero(A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif9 /images/graemlins/club.gif) raises(75), 2 folds, BB calls(45).

Flop: A /images/graemlins/spade.gif10 /images/graemlins/heart.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
BB bets(55), Hero calls(55)
Possibly misplayed, was planning on raising turn.

Turn:9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
BB bets(55), Hero calls(55)
Definite mistake, for some reason hitting my two pair caused me to want to slow play more, although it shouldnt have made a difference.
River:3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
BB bets(150), Hero is all-in, BB calls(395)
Ok, something about him betting out on this river after getting smooth calls on the flop and turn should have screamed out danger, but it didnt. This street is a clear call I believe, correct?
BB shows 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, flush king high, BB wins 1475 chips

SmileyEH
10-03-2004, 04:41 PM
First one looks good...I like a bigger flop bet though. If your opp. is aggressive I love the turn check.

I would fold the second in a heartbeat preflop. As it were, you are right, you need to raise the flop and/or turn.

-SmileyEH

MrFeelNothin
10-03-2004, 04:52 PM
I agree A9 is a crap hand, but you would fold it if folded to you in the CO? I think it becomes a raising hand here.

SmileyEH
10-03-2004, 05:06 PM
I fold this....maybe play it on the button if the blinds are either too tight or too loose. Problem is it really doesn't make a hand you want to play a moderate (ie; raised) pot with deep stacks. Granted your opponent called with 67s, but most of the time the pot gets big you will be up against a hand like AJ or AQ, which is obviously bad news.

I play $30's and my VP$IP in the first two levels is around 10-12% (any pair, AK, AQ, AJ in LP).

-SmileyEH

MrFeelNothin
10-03-2004, 06:48 PM
I play any pair and AK, sometimes AQ if I'm not CO or BUTTON, I like to loosen up here in certain situations because I can use my position to accumulate some chips. (I play 30s and 50s, mostly 50s).

mikeyvegas
10-04-2004, 01:49 PM
Hand 1: Looks fine to me, you got all you money in when you opponent was drawing to 5 outs. Bad luck.

Hand 2: Don't mind playing this from the CO. Probably would have raised more pf (3-4x the BB). Gotta make a raise on the flop of the turn here.