PDA

View Full Version : 3/6 Party TT Hand

I Play 2 Ski
10-03-2004, 02:21 PM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Button calls, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (16.33 SB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (10.66 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button folds, UTG+1 calls.

River: (14.66 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks, MP3 checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: 14.66 BB

This is one of those cases where the card that made my set could have completed a draw. If they are on the draw and miss then I don't lose any bets. If they hit and I bet now I have to call another bet. Do I bet here?

sluttysteve
10-03-2004, 02:29 PM
Hell yeah you bet here, all those underpairs and ace highs and 72s will call you down.

bicyclekick
10-03-2004, 02:40 PM
Heh, I bet so that I can 3 bet when somebody raises. That's really weak tight to think it made somebodies draw. If it did it did, but you're gonna be good here most of the time. Now if you really thought the guy would bet you could go for a check-raise and the max bets it could go is 3 (as opposed to a cap) so you're saving one bet if in fact somebody really does have something like QJ. Either way, I'd bet this for sure.

/edit the more I think about this hand, the less I'd 3 bet. I don't really know, but it would for sure be a lot more interesting of a discussion.

Seether
10-03-2004, 02:43 PM
The only draw it completed was a gut shot, you gotta bet it

Jeff W
10-03-2004, 02:47 PM
This check is very weak. Why are you afraid of a backdoor gutshot? You have the best hand more than 90% of the time here. Not only do I bet, I would 3-bet a raise and call a cap.

mikeyKay
10-03-2004, 02:49 PM
bet bet bet. that draw is very very rare for somebody to be playing. the CO prolly has something like AK, AQ. i thought you checked looking for a checkraise. either way, think this is a clear bet, lots of weaker hands pay you off, and you very rarely see that draw.

-mike

I Play 2 Ski
10-03-2004, 02:49 PM
This is why I began to post this. I hated that check from the second i did it.

Kurn, son of Mogh
10-03-2004, 03:04 PM
Bet the river. KQ played like that would be very strange. I'm still trying to figure out what he 3-bet with preflop that he didn't raise on the flop or the turn. Sounds like a guy who read Hellmuth's book driving with 88. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

sthief09
10-03-2004, 03:07 PM
I think 3-betting would be best.

sthief09
10-03-2004, 03:14 PM
why do people love betting into preflop raisers so much? unless you're doing it to try and clear out the field, or screw with his head when you have the nuts, it's the single worst move I see pretty good players here make. at the 2+2 table last Thursday, everyone kept doing it to me and I think I made a few of them realize why it's so stupid. Here's an example (ignore the LAG preflop call. it's boring to fold suited aces at .5/1):

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">6 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (5.25 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 9.25 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 9.25 BB, between Hero and BB.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (9.25 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB has Jh 9s (one pair, nines).
Hero has Ad 7d (one pair, aces).
Outcome: Hero wins 9.25 BB. </font>

betting into a preflop raiser is like yelling "I'm weak!"

I Play 2 Ski
10-03-2004, 03:17 PM
because he has lots of runner runner outs