PDA

View Full Version : Plugging Leaks

WSOP Bound
10-03-2004, 02:00 PM
After a long process of studying the game I'm starting to feel like I have most of the general principles of poker down. However I still seem to have a lot of leaks in my game. Although I am at this time a winning player the swings that I go through are insane, and I'm afraid that over a longer period of time I may actually be a losing player. What process do you go through to plug the leaks in your game?

mushi
10-03-2004, 02:17 PM
I am not an expert but bear in mind that uou need 100K hands b4 you know if you are a wining player or a loosing one. Right now look at your BB/100 hands statistics and remember wait until youve got 100k

WSOP Bound
10-03-2004, 02:25 PM
I agree that I need more hands to determine wether I am a winning player. That is why I am worried that over a longer period I may not prove to be winning after all. The swings really worry me that I'm not playing as well as I could.

4thstreetpete
10-03-2004, 03:26 PM
Recognizing that you have leaks and always willing to learn and improve your game makes you already a better player than 60% of the people that play poker.

whiskeytown
10-03-2004, 05:32 PM
keep better records....get pokertracker -

are you a winning player cause you SAY you are or cause you THINK you are, or is it because you have a definitive W/L record on paper or computer that tracks each session.

I know I have a leak cause I'm constantly losing 1 BB/hr at my ring games according to my spreadsheet...though my tourney games are fine - so I need to work on it -

so I check pokertracker - am I raising enough? - am I playing hands that never come in worth a damn? (A9 suited) - go from there.

you must analyze to plug leaks...simple as that.

RB