PDA

View Full Version : Middle Set, Scary Board

11-02-2001, 04:09 PM
Playing at Ultimatebet.com. .10-.25 blinds No Limit. I have about $30, which is maybe 3rd highest out of 9. I am in middle position but the two players on my immediate left have just sat down and posted .25. One limper to me, I have TcTs. I decide to limp and play for the set. Posters check, one more limper, blinds call. 7 players, pot is $1.75.

Flop is JhTd8h. Blinds check, limper bets $2. I raise $15, one poster folds, the other calls. Everyone else drops. Heads up. The pot is $36 and I have $12 or so left, opponent has me covered.

Comments on flop raise? What do you put my opponent on?

Turn is a small heart. What is my play?

KJS

11-02-2001, 06:09 PM
You are now pot stuck.

He may have been drawing to the flush but a lot of these players just won't let go of top pair.

$12, pot is $36, you move in now and push him off a singleton heart, and/or get paid off by a weaker hand. If he made the flush (and paid that much for it!) then so be it, and you still have 10 outs.

natedogg

11-02-2001, 07:32 PM
Was my flop raise too much? Too little? Should I have just pushed it in on the flop or is this board too coordinated? If I am going to be pot stuck should I just go all-in?

I did push in on the turn. I thought maybe he had flopped a straight and might drop it when the third heart came. He called. He had Ah9h, 15 outs on the flop. No help on the river for me.

Reload!

KJS

11-02-2001, 09:16 PM
KJS, you have to plan on how to play this flop combined with what you know about your opponents. if you think that they could bluff you out or bet you out when they have the worst hand yet still play if you raise alot then go ahead and make a big pot early. if you tink that you only get played with when you are beat or they have a draw thats almost as good as your hand, then bet smaller and play it all on 4th street, and get away with losing little if the card comes bad.

with these type of flops i usually play them slow as i find i can milk something out of pairs rather than only play against draws.

11-03-2001, 11:53 AM
sure, I get beat some--but generall play as though I have the nuts---trap, ot whatever.