PDA

View Full Version : Party 15/30 42s in BB

JayKon
10-03-2004, 01:14 PM
Now this is the first time I've played online for quite a while (I'm normally in a live 9/18, 10/20, or 15/30) and have been in for about 15 minutes. At that, I'm still a little stuned at how fast and loose the game is. I have noted MP1 is loose passive and the SB is agressive, but don't yet know what kind.

Anyway, I know my hand isn't that good to call pre-flop, but seems easy to get away from. Besides, I intrested in opinions of the rest of the hand.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, CO calls.

I'm expecting 9:1 as I haven't seen a 3-bet pre-flop yet. Also, I want to know if the SB 3-bets. I know I'm going to see the flop.

Flop: (10 SB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO folds, SB calls.

The raise w/ 2-pair was to make draws and pairs pay and to make them worry that I had the flush.

Turn: (12 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, SB calls.

As soon as the SB checks here, I figure him for AKo w/ a heart.

Nightwish
10-03-2004, 04:17 PM
Preflop is the easiest fold in the world. 9:1 is not even close to enough for the kind of cheese you're holding. This call is an example of the typical "any 2 suited are gooot" mentality I see on Party.

On the flop, you're not raising because you want your opponents to worry that you have a flush. Only the weakest players will even begin to worry about it at this point. You're raising because your cheese flopped a miracle, though a very vulnerable miracle, so you need to make your opponents pay with their high heart.

steveyz
10-03-2004, 04:26 PM
Given your very bad position relative to the pf raiser and your holding, you have to muck this pre flop. If you had been BB and UTG had raised and there were 3 or 4 callers to you with you closing the action, a call would be ok.

On the flop, I'd just call the 3-bet, and raise any non-heart (or a T which would counterfiet your hand) turn. That will charge the flush draws more and knock people people drawing to a higher 2 pair.

MrTeddyKGB
10-03-2004, 07:11 PM
You should call the flop and raise the turn if a safe card comes out facing the field to call 2BB cold. Might get mid heart or a hand like top or middle pair which have a lot of outs against your hand to fold.
sorry thought i was in SS forum still think is the best line just would have saved the explination