PDA

View Full Version : Astros fans and others

Aces McGee
10-03-2004, 11:57 AM
How do people feel about Clemens going today on 3 days rest?

I think it's a bad decision. Clemens stats are horrible on 3 days rest (we're talking like 1-4, 9+ ERA...at least thats what I heard on ESPN this morning). I heard that Garner said he was only looking for a few innings out of the Rocket, maybe four or five, and then go to his bullpen.

I don't like the decision. I don't think Clemens on three days rest is noticeably better than whoever they'd run out there instead. And if the Astros lose and SF forces a playoff, then they're going to have to throw this other guy out there in a much more pressure-filled situation in the playoff on Monday.

I'd rather have Clemens on full rest for either Monday's playoff or Game 1 of the LDS. What about you?

-McGee

Clarkmeister
10-03-2004, 12:01 PM
Not only does throwing him on 3 days rest hurt their chances today, it likely gets him on a schedule for the playoffs that also hurts him.

If I were them I'd definitely sit the Rocket and assume that I could beat the Rockies AAA team without him. Plus, even if I lose, the Giants could still lose, and even if we lose and they win, I get the Rocket on full rest in the 1-game playoff against a starter not named Schmidt.

Sit him. It's the move with the highest EV.

Aces McGee
10-03-2004, 12:03 PM
Couldn't agree more, Clark. Thanks for putting it better than I did.

-McGee

Clarkmeister
10-03-2004, 01:20 PM
They scratched Clemens today because of a stomach virus. The Stros are saved from their own incompetance.

Aces McGee
10-03-2004, 02:43 PM
And a thread dies without a chance to reach its potential.

-McGee

Zeno
10-03-2004, 03:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And the thread dies without a chance to reach its full potential.

[/ QUOTE ]

Much like the Giants perhaps, especially with the Astro leading the Rockies 5-0 at present.

-Zeno

Ulysses
10-03-2004, 07:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
They scratched Clemens today because of a stomach virus. The Stros are saved from their own incompetance.

[/ QUOTE ]

STFU, Clark. I hate you. This was all great gamesmanship by the 'Stros. Clemens had no stomach virus. I'm glad they were able to so easily toy with your feeble mind.

PS: No fair pulling up any such posts later in the postseason.

PPS: I hate you.

PPPS: I don't really care v. much about baseball, so there.