PDA

View Full Version : KK in BB PLH

10-31-2001, 06:25 AM
PLH, blinds 1-2, full table, stack sizes around 200, one Big Stack with more than 500.

I am in BB with KK, UTG folds, next is Big Stack (BS) who makes it 4 to go, next player (NP) calls 4, another caller, up to me.

I reraise to 16, BS calls, NP reraises to 50! caller calls. My turn.

Do I reraise here all-in?

I decide to wait for the flop without an Ace and just call.

Flop comes 58Q rainbow, I check, BS checks, NP bets himself all-in with about 120, caller folds.

What do I do?

results below

10-31-2001, 06:27 AM
I figure to repop a BB reraise before the flop he has to have a big pair. Since I have KK, that leaves him with AA, or possibly QQ.

I can beat neither so I fold.

Any comments?

10-31-2001, 01:26 PM
BTF against certain players I would either call the raise or move

allin in a heartbeat. Against a certifiable rock I would fold before the flop. On the flop there is roughly $200 in the pot

and you have about $120 left so I think you have a pretty easy

call with the pot now being over $300. I don't think you are going to be up against AA or QQ as much as you think and I would

therefore call.

Bruce

10-31-2001, 04:55 PM
without knowing player, I would have call...he could as easily been betting on 99.

11-06-2001, 09:56 PM
So the one hand you'd really *like* him to have (QQ) just passed you. If this guy is known to overplay his AQ's and AK's, call. But until I'd seen him do that a few times, I'd give him credit for AA or QQ and quietly dump your KK. If he's making that move with less, then you'll have plenty of opportunities to catch him.

Regards, Lee

11-07-2001, 12:21 AM
It's been my experience that when playing pl or nlh'em that the third raise usually represents AA perhaps KK BUT NOT 99 (JELLOW)SO throw them in the muck. If it turns out that that player had less than AA or KK BE SURE TO SHOW UP FOR THE NEXT GAME