PDA

View Full Version : 15/30 AA

Glurfle
10-03-2004, 06:42 AM
15/30 at Artichoke Joe's, 9-handed.

4 limpers to me in the CO, I raise with A/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif. Both blinds call, we go 7 handed to the flop with 14 SB in the pot.

Flop: K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif
Checked to me, I bet, SB check-raises, 4 players call 2 cold, I call. SB almost certainly has at least some sort of pair from this board. He knows I'm pretty much guaranteed to give him a chance to check-raise me on the flop, and he's not the type to raise a draw here. Most of the cold callers are extremely loose and will definitely call a 3-bet from me on the flop and probably a 4-bet from the SB, should it happen. I don't think SB will 4-bet me, though. They'll also probably pay 2 BB on the turn if I get them one at a time. 6 to the turn for 10BB.

Turn: Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif
SB checks (doh!), checked around to tightish guy directly on my right who bets. I raise, only one EP guy and the bettor call. 3 to the river, 16BB.

River: 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif
Checked to me, I bet, EP check-raises, guy on right folds 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif face up, I breathe a sigh of relief and call. EP's a super loose occasional lunatic. He loves to sprinkle in random bluff-raises from time to time. He could have anything from J/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif to 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif. Comments? (Besides that I'm insanely lucky that guy on right is weak enough to fold a set in that situation). I'm not convinced about any street except preflop.

sthief09
10-03-2004, 08:45 AM
wow, I can't believe he folded a set there.

As for your play, I can't see of any way you would've (a) better protected your hand, or (b) got more money in the pot when it seemed you were ahead. on the flop, it's worth considering 3-betting to jam the pot, since you have little hope of forcing out someone with 5 outs, but I still think waiting for the turn to raise is best for 2 reasons: one, because any K or /images/graemlins/heart.gif absolutely destroys your hand, yet if you raise the flop and it gets 4 bet, it's near impossible to release the hand, and two, because there's a chance that SB will check and someone will bet, enabling you to protect your hand.

so, to summarize, I play it the same.

JasonP530
10-03-2004, 11:23 AM
Well played, hope he wasnt a maniac, or didnt have JT hearts. Its best to raise the turn.

Nightwish
10-03-2004, 04:22 PM
I would 3-bet this flop every single time. This is not just because the SB is not guaranteed to bet out on the turn again but because you very likely still have the best hand and have a chance to extract at least 2.5 BB out of these guys right now on the flop. You wouldn't be 3-betting to protect your hand, just like waiting till the turn won't protect your hand if you're assuming that the SB will bet out. You'd be raising for value.

On the river, you're indeed very lucky that the guy with the set folded, so just call.

elysium
10-03-2004, 09:15 PM
hi glur

you're fine throughout this one.