PDA

View Full Version : Sklansky tells me I deserve to lose.

sillyarms
10-03-2004, 06:15 AM
I was just rereading TPFAP when I found this on pages 123-124.

"Notice that the hands that she was to move in with (again, when no one raised in front of her) comprised about 13 percent of all the two card combinations. (If you don't know how I got that, stop reading this book right now. You are not ready for it. You don't know enough about poker. And you deserve to lose.)"

Wow, I really feel like an idiot now. Can anyone tell me how he got that number? I'd like to stop being an idiot.

silly

Mike Haven
10-03-2004, 07:44 AM
how many ways can you deal two cards from the 52?

how many ways can you deal say a different AKs?

what percentage of the first number is the second number?

go from there

sillyarms
10-03-2004, 07:59 AM
Oh, so when he said "how I got that" he was refering to figuring to counting the possible card combinations. I thought he set a goal of 13% and picked out a number of hands to get the hand total to 13% and was asking why he chose 13% as a starting point. I think i was trying to think too deply into it and completely misunderstood the question. Of course as I read on it tells me why he chose 13% in the next sentance.

I'm an idiot

silly

flair1239
10-05-2004, 04:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh, so when he said "how I got that" he was refering to figuring to counting the possible card combinations. I thought he set a goal of 13% and picked out a number of hands to get the hand total to 13% and was asking why he chose 13% as a starting point. I think i was trying to think too deply into it and completely misunderstood the question. Of course as I read on it tells me why he chose 13% in the next sentance.

I'm an idiot

silly

[/ QUOTE ]

and you deserve to lose. lol