PDA

View Full Version : Top pair on the river

Gamblor
10-03-2004, 04:39 AM
6max 15/30 on Prima:

Folded to me in the SB; I have A /images/graemlins/heart.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif and raise. BB 3-bets, I call.

Note on the BB: I haven't played with him before, but I haven't seen him get out of line.

2 to the flop (6 SB): A /images/graemlins/spade.gif 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I check, BB bets, I call.

2 to the turn (4 BB): (A /images/graemlins/spade.gif 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif) Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I check, BB bets, I call.

2 to the river (6 BB): (A /images/graemlins/spade.gif 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif) 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif

I bet, BB pauses, pauses, pauses, pauses, and raises.

I call.

Who folds?

fsuplayer
10-03-2004, 08:36 AM
W/o a read i think i am calling this last bet. you have to be right one in ten here, i think its possible.

i would say he most likely has AJ, which is why he wasnt sure if he should value raise, but other hands are also a possibility.

i think i would call and hate it. either way though, with that pot size, i dont think its + or - EV much either way.

fsuplayer

Danenania
10-03-2004, 05:34 PM
If you can't fold to a raise might it not be better to check/call the river here? I don't quite understand the river bet.

Trix
10-03-2004, 06:03 PM
He will check-through too often and he will call little since the board started out twotone and the flush didnt get there.

Gamblor
10-03-2004, 06:03 PM
This aggressive player would bet both the flop and turn with an underpair to try to make me fold, but check behind with a hand like KK.

I can get a call from those hands on the river, but not if I bet at any point.