PDA

View Full Version : Dead Dodgers?

Neil Stevens
10-03-2004, 04:29 AM
As much as I want to see the Dodgers' first postseason series win since 1988, they have no Bulldog this year. In fact, the starting pitching has me very pessimistic. I'm starting to think that this is what Red Sox and Cubs fans feel like every year.

Can a team win when its starting pitching is so hurt that, with the division on the line, it essentially had to let the bullpen pitch the whole game?

Their last four wins have had to come on the final at-bat, and even that took the ridiculous meltdown of Shawn Chacon plus the error of the season by Cody Ransom.

I'm not one to write off a first-place team that has the league's best bullpen, best defense, and a decent lineup (Hey, if this guy's a Dodger fan, why'd it take this long for him to mention the team's strong points?), but I don't see how three okay starters are enough. Sure, if it were Randy Johnson, Jeff Weaver, and Odalis Perez, I'd have some optimism. It's Jose Lima, Weaver, and Perez, though.

Can anyone give me reason to be optimistic? How is the St. Louis bullpen?

Michael Davis
10-03-2004, 05:44 AM
The Dodgers should have traded quality position players for starting pitcher help.

-Michael