PDA

View Full Version : Being this bad requires effort (just a bunch of pissing and moaning)

BigBaitsim (milo)
10-03-2004, 03:31 AM
So I've been crushing the 2/4 & 3/6 at Party now for two months solid. I'm feeling like the poker gods have shat upon my computer. I can do no wrong, and can't remember my last losing session. My WR is completely unsustainable... or is it? Maybe this will last forever. Sure, I know in my head that it cannot. I know that even the very best players have break-even streaks and losing streaks that extend into 5 or 10K hands (or more), but maybe I'm different, maybe...

Then today it happened. A string of losses, beats, and no doubt bad play, ended the 8-week rush with a mighty vengeance. I played about 2000 hands, and think that only other poker players (and perhaps newly minted inmates) can really relate to how badly I was shredded by the poker gods I have come to revere. They had loved me so long, that when they left me, they left with a vengeance. 2000 hands. A loss of 156BB in one night. I know others have had worse losses, but this is a personal "best." So sad... /images/graemlins/frown.gif

bisonbison
10-03-2004, 03:33 AM
It happens.

Pride cometh before the fall. And then Pride never returneth the fall's messages.

jrobb83
10-03-2004, 03:40 AM
I have been experiencing a similar, unprecedented winning streak lately. I am up well over 500 BBs at 2-4 and 3-6 since posting a losing day. I am creeped out. I keep thinking that a semi-truck will run me over as I'm crossing the street.

My solution? Move up with my inflated bankroll to the 5-10 6max games. This illicit drug provided me with my best winning day after only two hours of play. So I am doomed to plow away untill the 5-10 takes a hunk of my bankroll in a wild orgy of variance. /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

TimM
10-03-2004, 11:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Pride cometh before the fall. And then Pride never returneth the fall's messages.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Fall cometh for me many times, then left me for Pride, so the bitch deserved it.

lil'
10-03-2004, 11:08 AM
You're being punished for not moving up to 5/10 when you had the bankroll and skills to do so.