PDA

View Full Version : Guns

juanez
10-03-2004, 01:04 AM
Edit: oops - I guess this belongs in the Other Other Topics, Other Topics Forum - will cross post there.

What's your favorite firearm?

I'm a pistol aficionado and have several in my safe. I haven't hunted in over a decade, but I do own a few rifles and shotguns as well. Sporting clays is a GREAT time.

For carry: (yes, I have a concealed carry permit)
My #1 favorite is the Taurus Model 415 .44 special snub, DAO, ported, concealed hammer. I never leave the house without this baby. The .44 special round scared the $hit out of me the first time I shot it out of this little 2" barrel. I thought the barrel exploded. The flame is about a foot long (I love it). The concealed hammer is sweet – just slip this little unit into your pants pocket and have no fear about a mis-fire.

#2 favorite for carry is the PPK .380. The old tried and true, but I have found that it's impossible to perform the remarkable feats of long range marksmanship that James Bond seems to do effortlessly and repeatedly. /images/graemlins/grin.gif I prefer the Taurus simply because it's a revolver and, therefore, a more reliable weapon for concealed carry.

For the range:
#1 Favorite is my S&W Model 66 .357 magnum (6 inch barrel). Smoothest revolver I've ever owned. There’s just something about a .357 mag too.

For home protection:
#1 is the Smith 66 again, simply for the reliability of a revolver and the size of the round. If a .357 hits some scumbag breaking into my house, it's over for his sorry ass. Never compromise when it comes to protecting your family.

#2 for the house is the 12 gauge with 00 buckshot. No need to explain the effectiveness against an intruder. I had to put down a coyote this spring that was mauling one of my dogs – too easy (my dog survived after a $200 vet bill). Haven’t had a coyote issue since. I guess the rest of the pack got the message after I let the corpse rot for a few days in the forest before I got rid of it.

My most recent purchase was the CZ-75BD. Very cool semi-auto 9mm for the price ($350 - $400) and it has a decocker, which I love for safety. This is a Czech made pistol and the same sidearm carried by Czech NATO forces. I've run a few thousand rounds through this one and never had one jam.

Next purchase (when poker bankroll bloats enough) will be a Kimber 1911 .45ACP. Can't wait to get my hands on one of these Cadillacs.

Abednego
10-03-2004, 08:18 AM
Happiness is a warm gun ...... bang bang shoot shoot

sameoldsht
10-04-2004, 03:08 AM
The question was "What is your favorite firearm?"

You gave a silly, nonsensible lyric from a 30+ year old song by a pop band. If you care to contribute to the discussion, go HERE (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=1088320&page=1&view=c ollapsed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1#Post10883991088320)