PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with JJ

Relentless
10-03-2004, 12:31 AM
Not sure how I should play this and could use some feedback, let me know what you think I should have done on each round.

No read, never played with this guy before

Texas Hold'em $1-$2 NL at Pokeroom

MP3 ($41.50)
MP4 ($178.50)
CO ($124.25)
Button ($100.75)
SB ($45.50)
BB ($57.75)
UTG ($65)
Hero ($121.75)
MP1 ($160.25)
MP2 ($37.25)

Pre-flop Hero is in middle position after UTG with J /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG folds, Hero bets $4, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, MP4 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls $3.

Flop /images/graemlins/club.gif[/img],2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif,A /images/graemlins/club.gif ]
BB checks, Hero bets $6, BB calls $6.

Turn [board cards 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif,2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif,A /images/graemlins/club.gif,6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif ]
BB checks, Hero checks.

[b]River [board cards 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif,2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif,A /images/graemlins/club.gif,6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif,3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif ]
BB bets $10, Hero folds.

Final pot: $29.50

AncientPC
10-03-2004, 01:19 AM
Why min raise out of position? Raise bigger than just 2BB, especially UTG or just limp if you don't like your position.

Otherwise it was played fine, you took a shot at representing AK but BB called anyway.

Relentless
10-03-2004, 01:22 AM
Which min raise do you mean, I didn't do any.

Also, what if the flop came like J /images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif to give me a set? Should I bet out still or should I check and hope to induce a bet? The only thing I would be afraid of is giving a free card for the flush draw.

AncientPC
10-03-2004, 06:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Which min raise do you mean, I didn't do any.

Also, what if the flop came like J /images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif to give me a set? Should I bet out still or should I check and hope to induce a bet? The only thing I would be afraid of is giving a free card for the flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Blinds are $1/$2, yet you only bet $4 UTG+1.

With a flop like J /images/graemlins/heart.gif 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif you want to bet out and hopefully get all in on the flop. People with flush or straight draws will call. At least a half pot to full pot bet (depending on pot size and table looseness).