PDA

View Full Version : Ed Miller for President

MrTeddyKGB
10-02-2004, 10:45 PM
Hi all my name is Scott M. I have been a low limit ($4-$8 thru $20-$40) pro in las vegas for the last 2 years. Most of my play at 4-8 and 6-12 which I still play. My first experiance with the game was three years ago when I first saw TOP which I read 10 times before I ever played 1 hand of poker. That and HPFAP have been the foundation of my game ever since. I had never visited the forum untill two months ago when I bought SSHE. I did not buy it at first because I saw Ed Miller's name and I thought that Sklansky had gotten lazy and passed his work on to someone else for a basic book. How wrong I was, if I get on WPT I will be the one in the Ed Miller MIT throwback jersey. I have read it over 20 times since I bought it and I study these post for up to 5 hours a day. Some of the advice here is top notch. I have been a consistant winner for the last two years but for the last couple of months my results have really improved thanks mostly to SSHE and this forum for that I say thanks.
I have refrained from posting too much while I got a better grasp of some of the concepts that are almost second nature to some of the posters here. I have a lot of experiance in the low limit B&M games in Las Vegas and would be honored to share my experiance with 2+2 er's I will make an effort at a good post tonight.
"Being superior to others is nothing more than having people talk about your affairs and listening to their opinions. The general run of people settle for there own opinions thus never excel." Hagakure

MarkL444
10-02-2004, 10:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My first experiance with the game was three years ago when I first saw TOP which I read 10 times before I ever played 1 hand of poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

That sounds hard to believe, but either way you would have been much better off playing some in between each reading. I have to assume after reading it a couple times without ever playing, it stopped benefiting you.

tolbiny
10-02-2004, 11:00 PM
Welcome to the forum...

"I first saw TOP which I read 10 times before I ever played 1 hand of poker"

thats funny- io skimmed the starting hand selection section of HPFAP before heading out to my first real game. Takes all kinds...

like i said though, welcome- its a great site, and even some of the political debate is getting decent (though tehre is a ton of name calling and somedays it attempts to rival the zoo)

Ed Miller
10-02-2004, 11:21 PM
Thanks Scott.

I'm at the Mirage all the time. If you see me, please say hi. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

bicyclekick
10-02-2004, 11:23 PM
LOL, TOP 10 times and SSHE 20 times. If it took you that many times, poker is not likely for you. Either that or you have to get your story straight... /images/graemlins/wink.gif

MrTeddyKGB
10-02-2004, 11:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My first experiance with the game was three years ago when I first saw TOP which I read 10 times before I ever played 1 hand of poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

That sounds hard to believe, but either way you would have been much better off playing some in between each reading. I have to assume after reading it a couple times without ever playing, it stopped benefiting you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was in Hawaii, did not even know about internet poker then. Moved to Vegas to learn

MrTeddyKGB
10-02-2004, 11:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
LOL, TOP 10 times and SSHE 20 times. If it took you that many times, poker is not likely for you. Either that or you have to get your story straight... /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I live in Vegas and play at the local casions everyday usually at palace station. I spend more time studying than playing. Much the same as I did with chess. I have probably read over 5,000 post on this forum as well as well as everyother poker site in the world. I play at palace station everynight and am able to support myself and my girlfriend and daughter. Fell free to stop by I paly 60 hours a week there. It is not a matter of knowing I plan to study everyday untill I die.

fimbulwinter
10-03-2004, 03:27 AM
I don't know why people are sweating this guy for studying a game before he plays it for money...

this is like getting a series of replies like:
"dude, loose is best"
"any two can win"
"they're always bluffing"
etc.

beginners to poker almost always start off playing far too intuitively and don't understand nearly enough of the game. I too have a dogeared copy of TOP.
studying is always +EV, especially if you can't play at the time.

fim

BigEndian
10-03-2004, 08:57 AM
Don't let these guys busting your balls bother you, welcome aboard. You'll find that some players egos have grown faster than their bankrolls and they don't have range to communucate in any other manner. It may also be that they're used to posting in the mid-stakes which tends more toward the peen waiving than the discussion.

Also, don't forget to post some hands! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

- Jim