PDA

View Full Version : Unusual no-limit games?

10-27-2001, 03:14 AM
I was just wondering if anyone else on this forum has played 7 card stud, 7cs8, or razz for no-limit? We have been doing this in my regular game and it is really interesting. I noticed that natedogg played some Miss. Stud 8 for pot-limit....

What about Omaha 8? We have been playing all of these games lately and I am wondering if this is unheard of, because I haven't seen anything posted about these games as no-limit until natedogg's Miss 8 post. I must say that I have always been bored by regular 7CS, but playing high-low or Razz for no-limit is great! I have been joking with the other players about Omaha 8 no-limit being immoral and insane, as basically a nut-low has a huge advantage over a high hand, in that it is easy to push-in your stack when you know you will at least get something back. I have been in pots so large in this game that I have gotten quartered and still made significant profit in a hand.

I am just wondering if any of you have played these games no-limit or pot-limit, and if so, what are your opinions? Are these games legitimate as no-limit? If so, why are they not played, or at least talked about more? Anyway, natedogg's post just brought this to mind...

Comments appreciated, thanks!

10-28-2001, 08:47 PM
if you are playing for fun, not money, it may be OK. I suggest that you will find very few people willing to play any split pot game with a N/L or P/L structure because the "nut" high, or low can punish the others too much.

this coimes from one who has mostly played P/L and N/L for many years....but if it is a split game, deal around me!

now in high only, I think that is the way to go.