PDA

View Full Version : Mean Girls, 13 Going on 30...

namknils
10-02-2004, 10:40 PM
Yeah, well, my wife is feeling under the weather so this is the price a good husband pays. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Mean Girls on Friday night. This movie actually wasn't too bad 'cause Lindsay Lohan is smokin hot.

13 going on 30, SUCKS. I should say that I hate Jennifer Garner aka ManJaw.

Anyway, my 2+2 buddy is down in FL on some computer geek job, so this is my weekend. Not really my whole weekend just the highlights.

HOW THE **** DID THE CUBS BLOW THE SEASON SO BAD!!!!!!! /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif

At least there's poker. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

HDPM
10-03-2004, 12:23 AM
The Cubs blew the season, and last season, and the last century because they are losers. Loser organization, loser players and loser co-dependent enabler fans. Yesterday they showed a loser standing at Wrigley with his loser sign saying "I Thought This Was Next Year". Well, it was. Another loser year by and for losers. Instead of the sign, a non loser would be booing the losers and maybe throiwng things. But the loser fans turn up year after year for their dose of losing.

Maybe I will try to find the post I posted after the losers lost last year. I indicated I was now a Cubs heretic. I was raised to be a Cubs fan by a lifelong Cubs fan father, but I could no longer deny the truth. The Cubs are losers and should be hated and mocked especially if you want them to win. The old formula doesn't work. Flame away, my father gets mad and takes it personally when I say the Cubs are losers and the fans are dumb to support them through thick and thin. Because if the fans demanded a decent product the Cubs might have to be decent to draw anybody. But no, give the losers a falling apart ballpark with some ivy and a crap team and tell them how great it is to sit in the loser confines on a nice day and they are happy. It is totally un-American and might be a communist plot. The Cubs really stand for rotten values and they are a national disgrace.

If Cubs fans were truly Cubs fans they would stop the support through thick and thin. It is now time to give them some tough love. Boo for every mistake, even little ones. Ride the players mercilessly until they win. Better yet, refuse to go to games until they win a championship. The fans must set the goals so high that the loser organization has to do something. That is how Cubs fans should be.

I switched and it is nice. I am a bandwagon fan, but I am now rooting mostly for the Yankees because they stand for American values, rather than the French values and style embodied by the Cubs. yes, that's right, the Cubs are like France. When the Cubs deliver an organization that wins, maybe I'll be back. And by winning I mean winning. Championships, not wild card slots, not losses in the playoffs. I mean 110 wins and the Series. Call me Mr. Bandwagon, I don't care. I LMAO when they collapsed this year with that rag tag bunch of losers. Ha. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Non_Comformist
10-03-2004, 12:45 AM
How do you really feel HDPM?

HDPM
10-03-2004, 12:53 AM
Here is what I wrote last October 16:

"Yeah, the fact they are the cubs and have the whole losing mystique ingrained is the problem. It seemed like last night they were looking for an excuse to lose, which all losers do, and they found it, which all losers do. So now they are losers, as they have been the last 95 years.

I think that for the cubs to win the cub culture must change. Perhaps it has nothing to do with the results, but if the attitude of the fans and organization has any bearing on how the hired gun players perform, I think a wholesale change is in order. Did you see how the Cubs fans sat and cried in the stands after the game or held up signs saying crap like "Thanks For the Great Year?" What? it was a disaster of a year. I guess I understand quiet disappointment, which is mostly how I reacted, but some good consistent rotten venom a la Philadelphia fan might be nice. Maybe that would help the cubs. Violently boo every little mistake for years and years. Throw some garbage at players after events like the last 2 nights. Stop coming to the games when they lose to give management some incentive. Ride the players mercilessly. Like when Philly fans booed Mike Schmidt in his prime. Made him a better player. I guess that would change the whole experience of being a Cubs fan. Hopeless optimism replaced with nasty hatred. But Cubs fans can't do that because then they would change the whole idea of being a Cubs fan. And they don't want that. they don't want to be fair weather fans or people who boo their best players the most. So they stick with it.

As I posted a few days ago, I was raised to be a Cubs fan. I don't consider myself a hardcore fan for a couple of reasons. First is because I don't get to follow the Cubs closely and I don't live and die with the results. I am not a hardcore baseball junkie. We moved away from Chicago when I was very young, so I only got to see them in occasional trips back to Chicago or on nationally televised games. Ah back in the day before cable. But to the extent I followed the game and rooted for a team it ws the Cubs. And by the time the 84 and 89 teams rolled around there was better coverage and you could better follow the team. But now I don't get to follow them much again. The second reason is that I have not been able to fully throw myself into rooting for incompetence. By that I mean Cubs fans are expected to think the Cubs have a chance next year. For the most part they don't have a chance next year because they suck. they have had an incompetent organization that produced loser after loser after loser when they had a great fan base and money. How can you approve of that? The Marlins and Diamondbacks can win after a few years in the majors, so why can't the Cubs win? Well, it's because they're crap. And I compared it to a religion the other day, because to some extent I feel like I am rebelling against faith based values I was taught to have. And how can you have blind faith in something that is obviously garbage? So there are my mixed feelings about the whole deal. But this year was about as big a disappointment as I could have from a spectator sport. Which is probably not much in the scheme of things, as I know my life will really be no different in any substantive way if the Cubs win a World Series or lose in a disaster like they did this year. But it is a disappointment. Notwithstanding the fact that I don't see a point in celebrating the incompetent, which is required of a Cubs fan.

So I will keep rooting for the Cubs even if I am not able to be an observant Cubs Fan who can qualify as a witness at Cubs fan weddings or whatever. And there are some signs of life in the organization and the pitching staff that provide a basis for some real hope. But nobody can expect them to win any championships in their lifetime."

Zeno
10-03-2004, 02:51 AM
Two classic posts in one thread, a new one and a rerun -both excellent.

I can hardly wait until next year. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

-Zeno

nothumb
10-03-2004, 03:21 AM
I definitely have a serious, serious issue with how ball-swellingly, brain-hurtingly hot Lindsay Lohan is. Can't wait for her career to burn out so she shows the ta-tas.

NT

codewarrior
10-03-2004, 09:01 AM
You go to hell. You go to hell, and you DIE!!! /images/graemlins/mad.gif

No one can speak of my beloved Cubbies from my beloved hometown like that. They're like a cute, half-retarded puppy. Everyone loves them, even though they serve no useful purpose other than to receive undeserved adoration.

My name is codewarrior, and I approved this rant.
Doughnut puncher. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

wacki
10-03-2004, 04:10 PM
"The Cubs blew the season, and last season, and the last century because they are losers."

Just curious, has anyone actually tried taking the goat back into the stadium? Isn't it still stuffed and hung in a bar? Let it hang in the stadium every game for a season. Just a thought. It would be funny if it worked.

wacki
10-03-2004, 04:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No one can speak of my beloved Cubbies from my beloved hometown like that. They're like a cute, half-retarded puppy. Everyone loves them, even though they serve no useful purpose other than to receive undeserved adoration.

My name is codewarrior, and I approved this rant.
Doughnut puncher. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That is just classic.

Phat Mack
10-03-2004, 04:24 PM
The Cubs really stand for rotten values and they are a national disgrace.

For years I've been saying that the Cubs represent everything wrong with modern America: They play in a decaying infra-structure; they value cuteness over character; they are owned by a corporation that values short-term accounting goals over production. As long as they fill the stands, it will continue.

GuyOnTilt
10-03-2004, 05:37 PM
They're like a cute, half-retarded puppy. Everyone loves them, even though they serve no useful purpose other than to receive undeserved adoration.

Very true. I have no clue why the whole freaking country adores the Cubs. It's just not logical. Does anybody remember the line on the NLCS last year?! Ridiculous.

GoT

The Dude
10-03-2004, 08:52 PM
Go away! Stupid 'Stros fan.

whiskeytown
10-03-2004, 11:17 PM
just for fun - go to www.heavy.com (http://www.heavy.com) and click on her pic. in the lower toolbar - 4th one in, I think.

wouldn't do it at work tho.
/images/graemlins/grin.gif
RB

Daliman
10-04-2004, 02:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I definitely have a serious, serious issue with how ball-swellingly, brain-hurtingly hot Lindsay Lohan is. Can't wait for her career to burn out so she shows the ta-tas.

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

We might want to at least wait until the scars heal..

Daliman
10-04-2004, 02:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
"The Cubs blew the season, and last season, and the last century because they are losers."

Just curious, has anyone actually tried taking the goat back into the stadium? Isn't it still stuffed and hung in a bar? Let it hang in the stadium every game for a season. Just a thought. It would be funny if it worked.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, they're done that, they blew up the "Bartman Ball'(sigh), They had the owner of the Billy Goat tavern who supposedly cursed them rescind the curse. They put up a statue of a notorius drunk/serial groper in front Wrigley. All no dice.

As an aside, i thought it was very funny that people were considering Kerry Wood one of the best pitchers in the game in the playoffs last year and before this season started. This is a pitcher who has NEVER won more than 14 games in a season.

jagoff
10-04-2004, 11:28 AM
What is Fez doing to my Lindsay? That [censored] sick, non English speakin perv! God I hate him!

Ulysses
10-29-2004, 03:06 AM
I thought Mean Girls was pretty funny.

nothumb
10-29-2004, 03:34 AM
You know, I thought this movie was okay too. I'd certainly put it ahead of most of the crap marketed towards teenage girls these days. It had some very funny parts.

NT

daryn
10-29-2004, 03:52 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
The Cubs blew the season, and last season, and the last century because they are losers. Loser organization, loser players and loser co-dependent enabler fans. Yesterday they showed a loser standing at Wrigley with his loser sign saying "I Thought This Was Next Year". Well, it was. Another loser year by and for losers. Instead of the sign, a non loser would be booing the losers and maybe throiwng things. But the loser fans turn up year after year for their dose of losing.

Maybe I will try to find the post I posted after the losers lost last year. I indicated I was now a Cubs heretic. I was raised to be a Cubs fan by a lifelong Cubs fan father, but I could no longer deny the truth. The Cubs are losers and should be hated and mocked especially if you want them to win. The old formula doesn't work. Flame away, my father gets mad and takes it personally when I say the Cubs are losers and the fans are dumb to support them through thick and thin. Because if the fans demanded a decent product the Cubs might have to be decent to draw anybody. But no, give the losers a falling apart ballpark with some ivy and a crap team and tell them how great it is to sit in the loser confines on a nice day and they are happy. It is totally un-American and might be a communist plot. The Cubs really stand for rotten values and they are a national disgrace.

If Cubs fans were truly Cubs fans they would stop the support through thick and thin. It is now time to give them some tough love. Boo for every mistake, even little ones. Ride the players mercilessly until they win. Better yet, refuse to go to games until they win a championship. The fans must set the goals so high that the loser organization has to do something. That is how Cubs fans should be.

I switched and it is nice. I am a bandwagon fan, but I am now rooting mostly for the Yankees because they stand for American values, rather than the French values and style embodied by the Cubs. yes, that's right, the Cubs are like France. When the Cubs deliver an organization that wins, maybe I'll be back. And by winning I mean winning. Championships, not wild card slots, not losses in the playoffs. I mean 110 wins and the Series. Call me Mr. Bandwagon, I don't care. I LMAO when they collapsed this year with that rag tag bunch of losers. Ha. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

hi MMMMMMM

craig r
10-29-2004, 05:44 AM
much funnier than i thought it was going to be. i think part of it might be because tina fey had a lot to do with the movie.

craig

tek
10-29-2004, 10:40 AM
Ugh, nothing like watching chick movies (especially at $8 each). /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

At least Lifetime channel is free...Anybody ever get fooled by the "Let's go to the video store and we'll each get a movie". Both of us watch HER video and I watch mine on Saturday morning alone while she sleeps in...