PDA

View Full Version : KK Hand...

Jake (The Snake)
10-02-2004, 10:07 PM
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (21 SB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (15.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

River: (35.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero folds, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 46.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
MP1 has As Js (flush, ace high).
CO has 6s 5s (straight flush, seven high).
Outcome: CO wins 46.50 BB. </font>

I guess I should have folded to the 3-bet on the turn, but I was one spade away from a king-high flush with a huge pot... any comments?

topspin
10-02-2004, 10:14 PM
Perhaps I'm missing something, but the stop-and-go makes no sense to me here. If you're slowing down on the flop because you're afraid of a straight or flush draw, the 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif is the worst possible card for you because it completes both. Why flat-call the flop and lead the turn?

I'm 3-betting the flop here, I think I still have the best hand. After that the hand plays itself; with the 2nd nut flush draw, you easily have odds to call down to see the river. You should fold the first time it's 2 bets to you on the river though; there's a flush possibility and one card to the straight, and with this action I'm figuring overpair's not good here.

(Note: don't include results until a few people have commented. I haven't looked yet but you'll find it may skew your comments.)

Jake (The Snake)
10-02-2004, 10:30 PM
Thanks for the response. Yes, you are right about the stop-and-go... it makes no sense now that I look at it. However, if I cap on the flop, then what do you think I should do on the turn? Check-call to the river? What if its 2-3 bets back to me?

topspin
10-02-2004, 10:55 PM
Disclaimer: I've now seen the results since I looked after I made my first post. (See, it's hard to resist! /images/graemlins/smile.gif)

I'm not sure what the best turn play is when the 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif hits; it's such an ugly card for us but because of our position we don't get to see what everyone else thinks of it. My line is to bet and figure I'm drawing towards my K-high flush if I get raised, but maybe someone else will have a better idea.

Cosimo
10-03-2004, 02:11 AM
The flush draw (if any) is the one who has equity on the flop. With MP1 limp-reraising preflop, it looks like he has a couple high cards. MP2 and/or CO are fish, or on a draw. Loose players will play low suited connectors, but still it's very unlikely that any of them has a made hand already. With a coordinated board like this (vs. fish), I'm not sure an overpair has equity to 3-bet.

I won't comment on the turn because I peeked, which is why posting results is a bad idea. Read bison's post (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Number=823838) about including results. I will agree that the 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif is the worst card that could come, with the 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif being second worst.