PDA

View Full Version : Is there a 2+2 player here?

wabe
10-02-2004, 09:22 PM
me: <name>, does the brown trout sleep in your closet?
... long pause
<name>: do u like guys?
me: nope
me: I consider the question sufficiently answered.

illunious
10-02-2004, 09:31 PM
That's friggen hilarious.

My Poker username and 2+2 username are different so I don't see much of it, but when I see the "brown trout?" in chat, I usually respond with an equally ridiculous question.

bisonbison
10-02-2004, 10:02 PM
Yeah, for people who see me at the tables (including the people today who saw me clearing bonuses at .5/1), be prepared for some ridiculous non-sequiters. I don't know why, I just don't like to respond to the code.

DeathDonkey
10-02-2004, 10:34 PM
My table was great until you and your followers turned it into a 2+2 love fest /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Nottom
10-02-2004, 10:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
(including the people today who saw me clearing bonuses at .5/1),

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to say Bison ... I expected you to be above this sort of silliness.

bisonbison
10-02-2004, 11:04 PM
The silliness of deposit $500 into party, $1000 into empire, play 8 tables on automatic pilot, and make $200 for 6 hours of work in addition to whatever else you can scrounge from the .5/1 players?

I'm not one of those people who bitched about the 500 matching bonus going away, but I like free money.

wabe
10-02-2004, 11:57 PM
So, if the handle isn't the same, what should we plebes be doing? I would like to be playing along with someone who digs the 2+2 vibe, but it's hard to do if the rank and file look down on asking "2+2?" in the chat window.

bisonbison
10-03-2004, 12:08 AM
Frankly, I already have a couple of SS posters who love to follow me around and make my tables crazy, so I don't get all giddy when a 2+2er I hardly know shows up.

Most other people don't mind at all, but I am a crotchety old man.

PhatTBoll
10-03-2004, 12:10 AM
The way I see it, trouting should be limited to when you are trying to confirm whether or not somebody is a 2+2er. If you already know that a fellow player is a 2+2er, and he/she knows you as well, a simple hello will do nicely.

bonanz
10-03-2004, 12:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My table was great until you and your followers turned it into a 2+2 love fest

[/ QUOTE ]

I must confess it was probably me you are speaking of. I was searching around for soft tables to beat up and join a table and see death donkey and bison and think man did i pick the wrong table.

and i must admit i use the brown trout line all the time, I'm sure it'll wear off. But i live in vegas and never play online until about 2 weeks ago just because "real life" prevents me from playing as much as i'd like live. and i'm jealous of the volume of hands online players amass and the poker tracker stats and want to really tweak my play. But anyways i've used the brown trout line a few times around town if there is a player i think is decent, but i've never gotten a response (if you think its akward online, its even more weird live to say). so now i'm excited to use it online and have people actually respond occassionaly. saw a few hands (including one i wasn't paying attention to but posted here) then left.

so in the words of billy madison....

So SORRY to INTERRUPT /images/graemlins/grin.gif

blackaces13
10-03-2004, 12:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
trouting

[/ QUOTE ]

This is my new favorite verb.

Blarg
10-03-2004, 01:34 AM
There's actually a guy on Empire by the name of Brown Trout. I played at his table for a while.

I was going to make a remark about his name, but I figured saying something would give the rest of the table information they didn't need to know.

InchoateHand
10-03-2004, 01:56 AM
I trouted someone in live play today. Not really--I couldn't bear to utter the words, so instead I made a rude comment about a guy who had just left the table who looked like Sklansky if Sklansky gained 250 pounds, and we struck up a nice conversation away from the table as a result. Worked the same way.

cnfuzzd
10-03-2004, 02:13 AM
whats your screenname? I will be the CDC to your bisonbison, and you will see what its like to have a bunch of us at a table. Or, play in our thrusday night games. Or, just start a table and post it here. Usually a couple of people will drop by.

peace

john nickle