PDA

View Full Version : All-in Big Bet Rules

10-26-2001, 01:21 AM
What are reasonable rules on all-ins reopening the action in a PLH home game? The best I can come up with is that an all-in raise reopens the action if it is a legal raise (i.e. at least the size of the previous bet/raise), and a bet will reopen the action if it is at least 1/4 of the pot. Also, suppose I check, next guy goes all-in for less than 1/4 of the pot and the third guy calls. Then I can't check-raise because the action was never really opened in the first place.

So that's what I came up with. What other sort of conventions have people played with? What strange problems might crop up here and how could I solve them? Help.

Alex

10-26-2001, 05:30 AM
Why do you need such rules ? In the home game I play, we dont have such rules, so any raise (even 1 cent) can be folowed by a raise.

Maby we should change ? From what I read here, I think such rules are usual, so I supose they have a use, but I cant figue which one. Info ?

Gatlif

10-28-2001, 08:36 PM
I think that you will find that the opening bet does not need to be 25% of the pot, rather that a most common amount (minimum) is the size of the big blind.

you are correct about the size of a raise needing to be at least the same size as the bet being raised.