PDA

View Full Version : Some (Semi) Blind Steals

Festus22
10-02-2004, 08:52 PM
A raise, a call and a fold. This area's not my strong suit. Opinions?

Hand 1
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds.

Final Pot: 3.75 BB

Hand 2
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="666666">7 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 4.25 BB

Hand 3
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="666666">8 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 3.50 BB

nothumb
10-02-2004, 09:29 PM
Hand 1: Good.

Hand 2: Raise the flop.

Hand 3: Call the flop bet, especially holding the K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif... then decide what to do on the turn...

NT

Brian
10-06-2004, 02:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Plus the fact that several hands I posted have gotten slim to none in terms of responses makes it tough to diagnose problems.

[/ QUOTE ]

I may not be able to help you catch cards or keep your head about you in the heat of battle, but I did look through some of your recent hand posts which did apparently get little to no attention. And, the attention it did receive was often not helpful or flat out wrong. So, here we go:

Nothumb basically summed up these hands pretty well. Hand #1 doesn't leave much to be talked about, well played. Hand #2 leaves something to be desired, however. I know that it is tough to push King-high type hands in the midst of a losing streak, but you simply can't let your opponents get the best of you by always betting, which is what you are doing when you give up on King-high so fast in a blind battle (and this applies to the next hand as well). While it can be awfully tempting to give up, since the pot is small and it seems as if you are often behind, many opponents will bet this flop with just overcards and just about any outside hint of a draw. Raise the flop, bet most turn cards, and check'er down on the River. This is my default play against most unknowns in this situation with this type of flop.

In Hand #3, you gave up on your hand way too fast post-Flop, especially with the Kd, as nothumb pointed out. About 50% of opponents I have run into at the low limits will gleefully 3-bet with A5o if they suspect you are stealing, and the super-sensitive ones will even do it with hands like J9o and the like. You haven't caught much of the Flop, and blindly calling down with King-high against a 3-bet w/ no reads will leave your bankroll hurting, but you have enough of a hand to see the Turn, and then go from there.

I do agree that it is probably best that you take a break from the game. I do hope that you return as soon as you are ready, though. But, in case this is a true farewell, I'm going to make sure I did my part to keep you here. So I'm going to go through all of your recent posts that didn't get many responses and reply to them to the best of my ability. I hope this helps, festus.

-Brian