PDA

View Full Version : nl hand

10-24-2001, 08:15 PM
2-3-5 blinds.

I have ~$1,100 in front of me.

I limp in middle position with Ac-10c. one more limper, button limps, bb calls. we take the flop 4 handed.

the flop is As-5c-6c. bb (very good player, stack is ~$500) bets $20, I call, everyone else folds.

Turn: As-5c-6c-(7d)

bb bets $80.

what is your play?

10-24-2001, 09:35 PM
push all your chips into the middle and tell him you are on a club draw.

PG

10-25-2001, 02:10 AM
The geek folds this hand everyday. I would've played it different on the flop. You need to raise the flop if your in. Take control. SK

10-25-2001, 03:26 AM
Call the turn. You can only beat a bluff at this point but your hand has lots of outs.

Fold if he bets into you on the river unless you hit your ten or a flush card. Even a third ace or catching a ten may necessitate a fold if he goes all-in. Pray to god that he's betting a flush draw and you both hit. If he's as good as you say, that's not likely.

If you've shown any kind of trickiness in this session, he'll be very concerned about your flop and turn calls with no raising and he'll be afraid to bet into you on the river without a hand that can beat yours.

It's less profitable to call here if you haven't shown trickiness, because you're also less likely to get paid if the flush comes.

natedogg

10-25-2001, 08:16 AM
Natedogg,

I was sort of surprised by your post, I had expected a more aggressive action, e.g. a raise to put some pressure on the opponent.

But I see your point. I guess I would have reraised the guy another 160 or so to take the initiative.

I also guess that I would have had to commit 500 dollars on my flush draw. Would have misplayed the hand.

But how are you going to get paid if your flush hits? If the guy is a good player? And do you call an all-in bet if the board pairs with your flush card?

questions over questions...

Stephan

10-25-2001, 11:18 AM
because he is a good player I think we know two things...he probably has the best hand...his hand could be so big (the straight for example) that he is forced to call any big raise

since you have big draw, it does not seem right to fold

considering all of above it seems only thing to do now is call

10-25-2001, 12:30 PM
Fold! You have $25 invested in the pot. You are clearly behind.

If you hit your flush you probably won't get paid off by your opponent unless he has been pushing a draw which is unlikely. An

Ace or Ten may not necessarily be an out.

I would have raised on the flop and played accordingly.

Bruce

10-26-2001, 04:04 PM
lmao. someday I will do that.

10-26-2001, 04:05 PM
I must be a live one.

I set the bad guy all-in on the turn. he thinks for a minute and flashes me AhQh as he mucks his hand.

10-26-2001, 04:11 PM
"because he is a good player I think we know two things...he probably has the best hand..."

why do you say that? I know a couple of the better players in the no-limit player pool that bet all sorts of crap.