PDA

View Full Version : The most unsatisfying experience of my life...

PITTM
10-02-2004, 08:07 PM
being a giants fan. they have absouletely shattered my heart each of the past 3 years. theyre the #3 revenue generating team in the league. they dump ALL of their pitching, refuse to get ANY hitters to put behind bonds. the GM calls those who point this out "the lunatic fringe" and then who blows our hopes? the shortstop we never got and the bullpen we never got. wow. im really glad to be a giants fan.

rj

billyjex
10-02-2004, 08:59 PM
You mean having the rookie Ransom as shortstop was a bad idea? He almost got that grounder.

Or having the fifth starter be the closer was a bad idea? He almost didn't walk three batters in the ninth.

Being a Giants fan sucks. It sucks that they made such a good run to blow it in the ninth like that.

Oh well. go 49ers! oh wait...

bugstud
10-02-2004, 09:03 PM
try being a Cubs fan, sir

at least you don't have to deal with Dusty anymore

billyjex
10-02-2004, 10:26 PM
Listen, I think being a Giants fan is worse.

Why? The cubs have never even been to a WS in years. The Giants have been there, in 89 when they got swept by the rival A's, and the worst thing that has ever happened to one of my teams.. the giants were up 5-0, 8 outs to go to win the WS in against the Angels..

The cubs are just losers. The Giants are chokers.

PITTM
10-03-2004, 04:32 PM
at least the cubs dont have the expectations every year. at least your owner doesnt call your fans "fringe lunatics" after they point out the lack of a bullpen/non bonds hitters. they suckered me into going to some games, i cant imagine me going to see an unimproved team next year.

rj

PITTM
10-03-2004, 04:35 PM
the sharks!!! oh wait...THE WARRIORS! oh man....uhhhhhh, the san jose sabrecats?

rj

Lori
10-03-2004, 04:50 PM
The way it's going you might be in the playoffs yet /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Lori

MicroBob
10-03-2004, 04:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
they suckered me into going to some games, i cant imagine me going to see an unimproved team next year.

[/ QUOTE ]

good golly you're bitter. some fan you are!!

here's a list of teams that i tend to like:
Reds
Indians
Tigers
Brewers
Pirates

your team (seemingly) misses the playoffs and you're threatening to not go to any games next year?? I just don't get it.

PITTM
10-03-2004, 05:27 PM
it is completely different. the giants have a)the greatest player in baseball history. b) the nicest park in baseball which sells out every other day. this being said it is absurd that the owners refuse to get someone to hit behind bonds and that they salary dumped our bullpen from last year (nathan, worrell, etc...) my point isnt that i think the players are a bunch of bums, but i think that the owners just arent giving the fans what we pay for.
If we didnt have bonds we would have finished dead last, im sure we can build a better team around him...

rj