PDA

View Full Version : Top pair no kicker - too passive?

sethypooh21
10-02-2004, 07:25 PM
I know, I know, pf call is pretty loose, but CO was steaming, and button played terribly post flop so it seemed like I was getting a good price...would it be ok if I just lied and called it a misclick?

I was planning on CR the flop, but BB threw me off by betting, and then when it wasn't raised, by PFR, got confused.

With all 4 still in on the turn, I was completely lost (probably would have folded if CO or Button had raised). Didn't really think BB had K-bigger kicker.

On river Button had either Tx or exactly QJ based on his previous play. Is a raise folding a better K here?
Ultimate Bet 2/4 Hold'em (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="CC3333">UTG <font color="purple">(steamer)</font> raises</font>, Button <font color="purple">(Loose-passive Aggressive)</font> calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, steamer calls, Loose-passive Aggressive calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, steamer calls, Loose-passive Aggressive calls, Hero calls.

River: (10 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, steamer checks, <font color="CC3333">Loose-passive Aggressive bets</font>, Hero calls, BB folds, steamer folds.

Final Pot: 12 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 12 BB, between Loose-passive Aggressive and Hero.</font>

Benjamin
10-02-2004, 08:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I know, I know, pf call is pretty loose,

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Bad call, I think, even if both are hopeless lags. Out of position with a mediocre hand ... let them pay that bit of rake.

After you called, I'd stick with plan and checkraise the flop. Yes, you could be behind, but you could be ahead, and there are definitely people in the pot who will pay when they are behind when you raise, so I think it's a value bet.

From there I'd lead.

Being out of position sux, eh?

B.

TJD
10-03-2004, 05:57 AM
Preflop - ugh /images/graemlins/smile.gif

CR the flop is a marginal decision since if the PFR does indeed bet you only get BB out, yet betting and PFR raising gets Button out. The players are too balanced to make either play a clear favourite.

How loose/agg was the BB, it would be nice to know.

My choice in this situation would be to bet out. In this way, BB may fold fearing a raise and the raise from CO might get rid of the button. Just a thought.

On the river, must be a good chance of being ahead of CO and button could easily be bluffing at the pot with so much passivity. So you have to call the river. BB might have had a K and is now scared but when he folds you can be pretty sure he was on QJ of A4 (probably not even A4 /images/graemlins/smile.gif)

You might even win this /images/graemlins/smile.gif. Brilliantly played /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I still bet the flop /images/graemlins/smile.gif

trevor

Kenrick
10-04-2004, 03:22 AM
Since I'm in the hand already even though I shouldn't be, I'd check/call the flop and fold if I don't improve since I would expect the UTG to raise me if I bet. TP/no-kicker against a preflop raiser and three opponents isn't much fun.

Otherwise, if I thought the others might fold, I'd bet the flop expecting a raise from the UTG, and then call him down with my kings. I don't mind calling down, but not against three players.