PDA

View Full Version : Would you bet this river?

_Kevin_
10-02-2004, 05:55 PM
Would you raise on this river? Am I just fearing the worst here (there is no way I would fold here so the question is call or raise) or do I really have cause for concern (I assume someone was staying in for the flush and could have a straight flush, the only hand that worries me. Pocket T's would beat me but I don't think either player has that hand). I just sat down at the table and haven't played with any of the people still in the hand. MP3 was very short stacked and didn't seem happy with their hand after the reraise so I figured he had at best a 9 or was bluffing. The other two both have large stacks (twice the normal buy in) so with no other information I gave them credit for being good players.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (8 SB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(8 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls.

River: (24 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP3 folds, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 27 BB

zuluking
10-02-2004, 06:02 PM
Raise pre-flop, re-raise the flop, raise the river.

Greg J
10-02-2004, 06:23 PM
I think you should raise this preflopflop to expliot your pot equity edge.

I don't mind the initial flop call to get people to go along for the ride, but when when it's raised you have to reraise when it gets back to you.

Turn is fine.

River: are you scared of the straightflush? Raise it up!!

milesdyson
10-02-2004, 06:49 PM
Yeah, you really have to 3-bet that flop...

Yes, throw down a river raise, as well.

Sidekick
10-02-2004, 07:07 PM
Preflop: You are on the button, you need to raise with the pocket 99. You have position and no one has shown any strength, you have to figure you have the best hand at this point so raise it!

Flop: I don't mind the initial call to get folks to come and play with your flopped boat, but once someone raises the pot you need to reraise and try and get that pot capped! How often are you going to flop a full house and get four people to come along for the ride after a raise?

Turn: Good.

River: Yeah, there are two straight flush possibilities out there. But you could also be beaten by pocket 88 or pocket TT. You will lose to those hands, but it will be a rare occurrence. You really have to raise this River. If you get beat... well it happens, but you don't get monster hands with monster pots all that often. RAISE IT!