PDA

View Full Version : PLH

10-22-2001, 01:19 PM
full PLH game, blinds 1-2, stacks around 300, I have 500, good player (GP) has over 1000.

I have AKo two seats of the button.

4limpers, I decide to raise to 13. BB calls, so does one limper. GP reraises pot.

what s your suggestion here? I put him at least on AK, probably on a big pair, at least QQ. I do not want to get involved with the big stack and decide to fold.

Unfortunately, this being an online game, I get screen jumped into calling (e.g. I wanted to call at another table, get transfered to this one imediately before I hit the call button).

So now I am still contesting for the pot. The limper calls from up front. At least I have position.

Flop comes A68, two clubs. Both check to me.

My thoughts are: big pot, limper could have many hands, might have hit a set. GP wouldn't want to give free cards to flush and straight draws, so probably has not AA. Maybe AK, or KK, maybe QQ.

What is my play?

I have another 300 in front, so does the limper. GP has us covered and then some.

10-22-2001, 01:27 PM
I decide to bet. I am not certain I have the best hand, but I might at this point. I also have the King of Clubs, for a backdoor flush draw (3% extra outs).

Limper calls, GP raises me all-in. I call the last 100. Should I have folded here? Pot is very big, I am hoping to split with him...too much hope?

Turn comes 4 of clubs (one more club, club, club, club...), river comes 4 of diamonds, GP has AA and gets the pot.

For a hand that I did not even want to play preflop, I did quite badly...

Stephan

10-22-2001, 01:54 PM
Obviously, folding pre-flop was the correct move. The software screwed you.

Now, you've called on accident and the flop brings you the ABSOLUTE perfect flop, what is there to think about?

By my rough calc, the pot has about 200 in it. Therefore, there is absolutely no way you can abandon this pot, with your stack of 300 and your hand. If the limper bets out and the GP raised, you MIGHT be able to get away from it.

But they both checked to you.

Bet the pot. Hopefully one of them will have AQ or a flush draw and you'll get some action, otherwise, you don't mind taking it down right there because it's pretty big right now.

If the pot were headsup, you MIGHT consider checking, but I don't like giving free cards when the pot is 100 times the big blind. Especially if those free cards can get scary. In your case, any club, any face card, should scare the pants off you.

natedogg

10-22-2001, 03:11 PM
where can you play PLH on line? THX

10-22-2001, 04:08 PM
WWW.cccpoker.com

10-23-2001, 01:25 AM
Stephan,

Was that at CCC?

Javert

10-23-2001, 07:25 AM
Yikes. Increase your screen resolution and offset your two game windows. If for some reason you can't do this, just stick to one game. Playing with them on top of one another is just asking for an catastraphe to happen, ESPECIALLY with big bet poker. But of course, you found that out the hard way. /images/frown.gif

10-23-2001, 09:09 AM
Yes. Any other PL site that I do not know of?

Let me know.

10-23-2001, 09:12 AM
I have never thought about off-setting the two game windows, but I will certainly do that from now on!

Brilliant hint, thx.

Stephan