Flop(4 SB): Jh, 9h, 8d

SB bets, BB folds, UTG calls, Hero raises, SB 3-bets, UTG calls, Hero calls

Turn(6 1/2 BB): Kc

SB bets, UTG calls, Hero raises, SB calls, UTG calls

River(12 1/2 BB): 2d

SB bets, UTG calls, Hero calls

------------------

This hand had me a bit torn.

I feel I should have raise before the flop but thats another post i will put up.

I raised on the flop to see where I was. The reraiser I suspected had one of 3 hands. QT, T7, 2 pair. My guess. My instincts told me he made the straight. but bad player logic did not. It told me 2 pair. usually bad players I play against slowplay even their low end straights to be into the flop. The pot odds were there for me to draw to my 2 pair. Then the 2 pair came for me and he didnt reraise me. He bet on the river and I knew I was beat then. Think I had a brain fart.

After analyzing it after the fact I should have known he had the straight on the turn. He reraised me on the flop and then bet into me on the turn. I feel I should have folded then. But those 2 pair got me too excited. That pot cost me $30

Thoughts?

nothumb
10-02-2004, 05:45 PM
Easy, easy raise preflop. Easy.

Flop: I hope you raised this flop not to find out where you were at, but because you had top pair/good kicker and hoped to win the pot.

Turn: Fine. If he three-bets you can't lay it down anyway.

River: Fine. Can't fold for one more. He played his straight very strangely, less so if it was non-nut. Your instincts or whatever are not the same as the mathematical likelihood you are good here. The only things I don't like are not raising pre-flop and your flop reasoning. Some people might even say raise this river? Not sure.

Try not to give away the results of the hand in your post as it surely affects the reactions of other posters.

NT

winky51
10-02-2004, 05:53 PM
Thanks. Yes his play puzzled me and I couldnt put him on that straight. But by his pattern of thinking and betting it made my spider sense go off. That was a tough hand.