PDA

View Full Version : Twins Game Suspended to Prepare Field for College Football

Dynasty
10-02-2004, 05:23 PM
Today's Twins-Indians game was suspended after 11 innings with the score tied 5-5. There is a college football game scheduled to start at 7pm between 18th ranked Minnesota and Penn State.

Link (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseball/games/2004-10-02-indians-twins_x.htm)

The Twins game has playoff impact. The Twins are playing for home field advantage in the first round of the playoffs.

cardcounter0
10-02-2004, 05:42 PM
A baseball game being suspended for football shows that all is not wrong in the world.

The Dude
10-02-2004, 05:45 PM
You suck, and suspending the game sucks, too.

ArchAngel71857
10-02-2004, 09:06 PM
Thanks, I checked the score for my tribe on ESPN and saw it was suspended so I thought "OK, Rain."

Out at dinner I perked up, "wait a minute, MIN plays in a dome. WTF?"

makes sense now.

-AA

andyfox
10-03-2004, 01:30 AM
The Twins will be better off against the Yankees without home field "advantage." Santana will beat them in game one and they'll then get to go home for games three and four no worse than even, one game apiece. The Yankees have no starting pitcher who can stay with Santana. The Sox would counter with Schilling who can. The Yankees will be an easier opponent for the Twins than the Sox in a five game series, in part because of the Yankees's poor starting pitching, and also becuase of their poor fielding.

I know I've been downplaying the Yankees' chances all year, and yet they won a hundred games, but I just can't see them handling any quality team in a short series right now.

As a Yankee fan, I hope I'm wrong again.

As far as the game being called on account of another event coming up that evening, it's an embarrassment.

Clarkmeister
10-03-2004, 01:38 AM
"As a Yankee fan, I hope I'm wrong again."

If you believed in heart, you'd enjoy rooting for your team a lot more instead of being needlessly worried all the time. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dynasty
10-03-2004, 02:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The Twins will be better off against the Yankees without home field "advantage."

[/ QUOTE ]

It sure didn't look that way earlier this week when the Yankees swept the Twins.

Tyler Durden
10-03-2004, 02:16 AM
I saw this on ESPNEWS tonight but really, what's the big deal???

They'll just finish the game tomorrow.

pudley4
10-03-2004, 11:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The Twins will be better off against the Yankees without home field "advantage."

[/ QUOTE ]

It sure didn't look that way earlier this week when the Yankees swept the Twins.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but Santana only went 5 innings in game 1, and the Twins were ahead 3-1 when he left. Game 3 the Twins were ahead 3-2 when Radke was pulled to start the 6th. Also, there's no way the Twins have a AAA pitcher on the mound in the 9th inning of a 4-4 ballgame in the playoffs. And after getting rocked in game 2, I doubt Lohse starts playoff game 4 unless the Twins are up 2-1, and even then they might go with Santana.

andyfox
10-03-2004, 02:38 PM
You make, as usual, a good point. The only thing in my life that makes me nervous is watching them play a big game. What is that? I'm gonna post something about it on the Psychology Forum, where David and God have reigned supreme for the past few weeks. Maybe one or both of them can help me.

andyfox
10-03-2004, 02:39 PM
Santana would have won the first game, but they limited him to five innings. Radke, too, looked good.