PDA

View Full Version : trying to figure out the name of a Rap/R&B stadium anthem

Byrn
10-02-2004, 04:32 PM
Ok, this has been bugging me.... I'm not a huge Rap/R&B guy, I have no idea how to figure out who sings this song. Heck, I might not even be categorizing it correctly.

I'm sure someone here knows - its a stadium anthem (I've been hearing it at UConn games, but I'm sure its played lots of places - think I heard it on the UGA game today), starts with a chant of something (can't figure out what) about 4-5 times and goes into a fast paced R&B/Reggae-ish rap.

Now I can't understand a single word, but I think the song is really catchy and want to pick it up. A friend suggested it might be the black eyed peas, but some samples of their songs did not prove a match (though they did seem to be the right style).

Anyone?
Thanks in advance!

ThaSaltCracka
10-02-2004, 04:42 PM
so vague...

Uston
10-02-2004, 04:49 PM
UConn games, eh?

B Dids
10-02-2004, 10:28 PM
If it's BEP- it may be "Let's Get Retarded/It Started". (they rereleased if after they read the thread in NVG)

Byrn
10-03-2004, 05:46 PM
I follow the Uconn football pretty close, though I follow a lot of college and pro in general. I went to central, though it seems like every single person i know went to uconn.

I only casually follow the basketball - a lot of my friends are into it, so i gather info from there. You follow the football as well or just basketball?

dr. klopek
10-04-2004, 03:38 AM
i agree with whoever said it was Black Eyed Peas, sounds like the song that was the theme for the NBA playoffs last year (let's get it started). But the reggae part of the description suggests Sean Paul, check him out b/c it's quite possible.

Uston
10-04-2004, 09:15 AM
I've only been following football through newspapers and TV. I work Saturday afternoons so I haven't gone to any games, although I'm going to try and get WVU tickets. Too bad they lost last week. I wanted to WVU to come in undefeated and ranked in the top five.

Byrn
10-04-2004, 06:46 PM
I hope you are able to pick up WVU tickets - I just picked up one a few minutes ago actually. Yeah, it would have been nice for them to have been ranked high coming in (and possibly looking past uconn). Now I can only imagine the whoopin they are going to want to lay out on uconn!

I'm heading up to cuse for the game on 10/30 - that should be fun! Never been to see a big time Football game (college or pro) other than at Rentschler.

Byrn
10-04-2004, 06:49 PM
I ran through the BEP likely song list - i knew it wasn't lets get it started, as that is a somewhat well known song to mainstream radio (and me). I may end up picking up some BEP though, the style and sound is similiar to what I am after here - I like it.

I'll check out the Sean Paul lead, haven't looked at him yet.

I'm starting to wonder if the song is entirely separate from the chant. Perhaps the chant is piped in and leads into the song, but the song is separate, and that is why it isn't ringing any bells here. Oh well, its a fun search!

Byrn
10-14-2004, 01:36 AM
Thanks to those who gave me leads. The ultimate solution is:

Archie Eversole - We Ready

I finally got to a pretty neat article on ESPN that gave me some clues:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page3/story?page=atbatsongs/

It was just legwork from there!