PDA

View Full Version : Holdem hand

10-21-2001, 06:27 PM
I'm relatively new to potlimit, but so are the other players. Playing 4-handed, blinds 1-1. I've taken a few beats, have about $70. Everyone at table has my stack covered. If it makes it more exciting, multiply everything by 100.

UTG, I have A-10 spades. I raise $2. Two callers, then BB raises the pot ($12), I call and both call behind. Should my play be to call, fold, or reraise? I don't like to call blind reraises but it is 4-handed and the pot is raised preflop almost every hand.

Anyway, flop comes all rags but 2 spades. BB leads out the pot ($48). I have $54 in my stack and go all-in. The BB is capable of many hands, I figure either a pair 10's or higher, or Ace-face. Anyone prefer a fold here? I thought an Ace might win it for me besides the spades.

10-21-2001, 06:35 PM
I'm kind of new to the game too but here goes:

Don't know if the pre-flop call is the best. As you say "I figure either a pair 10's or higher, or Ace-face." If thats what you think.... What would you do if flop was an ace rag rag and he pots it?

After that on the flop you have the nut flush draw and need 2-1 payoff to go for it - which is close to what you were getting - so I say you were OK calling (or all in for 6$ more).

10-21-2001, 06:59 PM
Putting your money in on the flop is required. The fact that you got little overlay (I'm giving you a little overlay, b/c an ace might be good for you) with such a great flop, however, says a lot about why you should not have called the preflop raise.

-Dan

10-22-2001, 11:47 AM
I would have suggested a fold before the flop. I do not know with what the players in your game raise preflop, but a reraise from the BB almost always means either KK or AA.

BB has the worst position throughout the deal and reraises an early position raiser and two callers. He must have a monster hand. So a fold preflop would have been a good play.

On the flop however, you have a pretty good hand, with two overcards and the nut flush draw. Against one pair lower than Ts you are actually a slight favorite, against KK you have one overcard and the flush draw and are almost even money. The hand you fear is AA (or an unlikely set) and given the certainty that your BB opponent is not going to lay down a hand for $6 more, you will probably have to hit the flush to win.

Still, going all-in on the flop is a good play. You get to see both cards.

But I recommend laying down hands like AT before the flop to a raise, especially like the situation you described. trouble lies ahead!

Stephan

10-22-2001, 12:59 PM
multipling by 100 was TOO exciting, so I just used 10.

Stephen and others seem right on....fold , but if not then call after flop