PDA

View Full Version : 5/10....AA...did I spew chips?

RED_RAIN
10-02-2004, 04:16 PM
Table is a bit tight. I've been PFRing and taking down a lot of pots on flop most of the time and if not by the turn. I haven't had to shown much. Wish I had since I had Ks, AK, big hands that hit.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, SB calls.

Easy.

Flop: (12 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Here with my action preflop, I put him for a set on flop and wanted to see turn.

Turn: (9 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Not feeling good. Perhaps MP2 has 9s or Ts? Could I possible fold? I didn't like that he is going to raise after the flop action and preflop action in combination.

River: (15 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

For one more to call?

Final Pot: 17 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 17 BB, between Hero and MP2.</font>

bakku
10-02-2004, 04:26 PM
You need to 3-bet this flop, I have no idea why you so readily put your opponent on a set. There are many many hands your opponent would play this way that you are still ahead of. With the way you played this hand calling down is a must.

Alexthegreat
10-02-2004, 05:35 PM
Not aggressive enough on the flop.....You can't give anyone credit for having a set just because they check-raised.....And if you put him on a set, why don't you just fold to his raise?? you have a 2 outer with no odds to chase, so just lay it down right there....

Danenania
10-02-2004, 06:01 PM
Gotta 3-bet the flop. If he caps you can start to worry about monsters. His raise could be anything from an 8 to a draw to overcards.

RED_RAIN
10-02-2004, 08:05 PM
Thanks for all the comments from each poster.

This is still a problem with me 3 betting flop issue.