PDA

View Full Version : This hand made me like poker again

blackaces13
10-02-2004, 03:49 PM
I really liked how I played this, do you agree?

UTG is a light raiser, he just 3 bet pocket 3's preflop a few hands ago 2nd into the pot with the raiser on his right. He'll bet the flop regardless of what he has.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Hero calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP3 folds, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, CO folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (10.25 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG folds.

River: (12.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets, only after waiting 15-20 seconds, do you see why?</font>, BB calls.

Sorry, I just like saying "do you see why" on these boards. But seriously though I think the delay was key. I knew what he had and I was trying to represent something myself.

Final Pot: 14.25 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 14.25 BB, between Hero and BB.</font>

btspider
10-02-2004, 04:09 PM
I'm not a fan of that preflop cold-call. I would need a stronger suited kicker to be ahead of an "any Ace" PF raiser.

Yes, BB will often have K/images/graemlins/club.gifx and you hope he hits his kicker along the way. If you must delay wait like 3 or 4 seconds. No need to drag it out that long.

blackaces13
10-02-2004, 04:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not a fan of that preflop cold-call. I would need a stronger suited kicker to be ahead of an "any Ace" PF raiser.

Yes, BB will often have K/images/graemlins/club.gifx and you hope he hits his kicker along the way. If you must delay wait like 3 or 4 seconds. No need to drag it out that long.

[/ QUOTE ]

He was more than an any ace raiser, he raised any pocket pair, some medium suited connectors, and hands that add up to 20 or more in blackjack. At least that what it seemed judging by the dozen or so raises I'd seen him make in about 45 minutes. Its pretty tough to fold a suited ace on the button to a loose raiser wouldn't you say?

As for the pause, I probably only waited about 10 seconds and just decided to write 15-20 for some reason.

maryfield48
10-02-2004, 05:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
As for the pause, I probably only waited about 10 seconds and just decided to write 15-20 for some reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dramatic effect, I guess. Paul Phillips and Cris Brown would probably have different names for it.