PDA

View Full Version : AA, Too Aggressive?

_Kevin_
10-02-2004, 11:45 AM
Everyone at the table was fairly loose (and aggressive after the flop, not much preflop raising, except by me). People were raising on nothing but draws after the flop. On the flop, I wanted to make the draws pay to stay in. I'm not sure how I should have played this after that. Should I have slowed down before the river (if so, based on what thought process) or should I have pushed like I did thinking I had the best hand? Should I have bet the river?

Thanks,

--Kevin

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (28 SB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+2 folds, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG folds, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (21 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

River: (27 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Final Pot: 30 BB

Piiop
10-02-2004, 11:52 AM
Well played.

You would like to force out players on straight draws, however your position relative to the other raiser makes that basically impossible. Since the BB 3-bet preflop, he probably has KK-JJ, so there's no need to slow down against him. If one of the other opponents had started raising, then you might have wanted to slow down.